[P2P-F] Fwd: Reminder: Children of Prometheus Private View

Michel Bauwens michelsub2004 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 28 06:35:17 CEST 2017

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Furtherfield <info at furtherfield.org>
Date: Wed, Jun 28, 2017 at 2:06 AM
Subject: Reminder: Children of Prometheus Private View
To: michelsub2004 at gmail.com

View e-mail in browser
<http://crm.furtherfield.org/civicrm/mailing/view?reset=1&id=162>
<http://crm.furtherfield.org/sites/all/modules/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=1184&qid=152610>

<http://crm.furtherfield.org/sites/all/modules/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=1185&qid=152610>
You are Invited to the Private View of
*Children of Prometheus*
------------------------------
Friday 30 June, 6 - 8pm (Please RSVP by 29 June
<http://crm.furtherfield.org/sites/all/modules/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=1189&qid=152610>
)
------------------------------

*Featuring Anna Dumitriu (in collaboration with Melissa Grant and Rachel
Sammons), Carla Gannis, AOS (Art is Open Source), Simon McLennan, and Alan
Sondheim.*

Humans have always exploited the raw materials this planet has to offer -
with the power to change the nature of things, whether physical or virtual.
With constant re-edits and enhancements we transform everything we touch as
part of our evolutionary mutation.

In Greek mythology Prometheus was a demigod and a Titan worshipped by
craftsmen. Greek Titans were ultimately honoured as the ancestors of
humans, who in turn were attributed with "the invention of the arts and
magic" (Graves 1964).

The artists featured in *Children of Prometheus* at Furtherfield Gallery
explore the possible consequences of our scientific and technological
imaginings for us as individuals, our society and the world at large.

We look forward to introducing you to the artworks, the artists, and
discussing the ideas and issues that they raise.

If you haven't been to Furtherfield Gallery before, take a look at the map
<http://crm.furtherfield.org/sites/all/modules/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=1186&qid=152610>
to plan your visit.

The exhibition continues 1 July - 20 August 2017, every Saturday and
Sunday, 11am - 5pm or by appointment.

Marc Garrett,

Furtherfield Co-director and Curator for *Children of Prometheus*

------------------------------
Location
------------------------------

Furtherfield Gallery
McKenzie Pavilion, Finsbury Park
London N4 2NQ
MAP
<http://crm.furtherfield.org/sites/all/modules/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=1186&qid=152610>

------------------------------
Transport
------------------------------

Tube: Manor House, Finsbury Park
Buses: 141, 341, 153, 253, 254, 259, 29, 4, N253, N279, N29
Train: Finsbury Park, Harringay, Harringay Green Lanes stations

------------------------------
About Furtherfield
------------------------------

Furtherfield
<http://crm.furtherfield.org/sites/all/modules/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=1187&qid=152610>
was founded in 1997 by artists Marc Garrett and Ruth Catlow. Since then
Furtherfield has created online and physical spaces and places for people
to come together to address critical questions of art and technology their
own terms.
------------------------------

*Furtherfield is supported by Haringey Council and Arts Council England
through the National Portfolio funding programme.*
------------------------------

<http://crm.furtherfield.org/sites/all/modules/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=1188&qid=152610>
Furtherfield
<http://crm.furtherfield.org/sites/all/modules/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=1187&qid=152610>
- A living, breathing, thriving network
for art, technology and social change since 1997

Click here
<http://crm.furtherfield.org/civicrm/mailing/optout?reset=1&jid=742&qid=152610&h=455a130c1c630e8b>
if you no longer wish to receive this newsletter.
McKenzie Pavilion
Finsbury Park
London, N4 2NQ