[P2P-F] The Commons Transition Plan for the City of Ghent has been delivered and accepted

Michel Bauwens michel at p2pfoundation.net
Mon Jun 12 21:31:48 CEST 2017

-
Dear all, we have just finished crafting the first Commons Transition Plan
for the city of Ghent, which will be published officially next thursday, so
far in Dutch only but it will be translated into english later. It has been
accepted by the city officials and the red-green-blue coalition, and the
mayor has declared that this would be the way forward. The study is based
on 80 conversations with commoners, an extended questionnaire filled in by
70 projects, and 9 workshops on the different provisioning systems seen as
a commons as well as a workshop using the Commons Finance Canvas to explore
ethical and generative livelihoods.The commoners in Ghent (500 projects
have been identified) have also welcomed the proposal. This fall, a
Assembly of the Commons, not unlike procomuns.net or the french Assemblies
that alreadhy exist, will be organized for a dialogue with the city on how
to move forward on the basis of this report. Barcelona, along with Bologna,
Frome and others, have of course inspired that work, An appendix, written
by Vasilis Niaros of the P2P Lab, is a comparative study of the approches
of Bologna, Barcelona and others, for example, the Impetus Plan in BCN.
Yurek Onzia was the coordinator of the project, with myself as researcher.

The dutch-language press release is here: https://stad.gent/over-
gent-en-het-stadsbestuur/nieuws-evenementen/een-commons-transitie-plan-voor-
gent.

I have english presentation slides which can be obtained on request,

Vasilis in cc can also share the english language summary of european urban
commons approaches,

Michel Bauwens

#82 on the (En)Rich list: http://enrichlist.org/the-complete-list/

#82 on the (En)Rich list: http://enrichlist.org/the-complete-list/