[P2P-F] Fwd: Commons in the time of monsters: How P2P Politics can change the world, one city at a time

Michel Bauwens michel at p2pfoundation.net
Thu Jun 8 21:54:09 CEST 2017

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Stacco Troncoso <staccotroncoso at p2pfoundation.net>
Date: Thu, Jun 8, 2017 at 10:33 PM
Subject: Commons in the time of monsters: How P2P Politics can change the
world, one city at a time
To: commonswatch at lists.p2pfoundation.net

Hello friends!

I wanted to share our latest article. It lays out the argument for commons
(and P2P) based political alternatives, not as a hopeful dream, but
something that is already happening and reorienting power. Centered on
Spain's municipalist coalitions and leading to the vision of a
commons-enabling State, it also features the ECA as an essential component
for such a transition. Check it out

http://commonstransition.org/commons-time-monsters/

Here's an extract:

"In the same way that prefigurative strategies incorporate social and
> environmental priorities into their informal constitutions, without waiting
> for markets or state to deal with such ‘externalities’, the municipalist
> ethical code can form the kernel of a set of political guidelines to be
> hard-coded into commons-oriented coalition principles, bringing fresh
> accountability to contemporary politics. "

Please read, comment and share!

I hope to see many of you this weekend in Barcelona. Also, much love and
solidarity to all our brothers and sisters in Athens (and to everyone who
couldn't make it).

Stacco

--
Advocacy coordinator P2P Foundation <http://p2pfoundation.net/>. Director