[P2P-F] What do I Know?

Michel Bauwens michel at p2pfoundation.net
Tue Jul 25 08:03:11 CEST 2017

Dear Anna,

there is no contradiction in my mind, between the relative capacity of
indigenous people to live in harmony with nature (relatively as the native
americans wiped out the large mammals that used to live in north america),
and warfare and human conflict,

after all, nature is a place of predation and the food chain as well,

I am not trying to convince you, just pointing to anthropological and
scientific accounts of the documented violence that took place; this is no
way means we cannot admire and learn from the practices of indigenous
Aboriginals (I don't know much about them, they may very well have had
peaceful habits, but I'm sure you are aware the neighbouring Maori's, also
known for their ecological ways, where warrior tribes who subjugated
earlier inhabitants of New Zealand)

I've seen a few documentaries about peaceful Amazonian tribes as well, it's
just that they don't seem to have been the rule,

Michel

<<Message: 1