[P2P-F] Fwd: Furthernews Issue 25

Michel Bauwens michelsub2004 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 24 08:53:10 CEST 2017

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Furtherfield <info at furtherfield.org>
Date: Fri, Jul 21, 2017 at 4:08 PM
Subject: Furthernews Issue 25
To: michelsub2004 at gmail.com

Latest news from Furtherfield Gallery, Commons and neighbourhood

<http://crm.furtherfield.org/sites/all/modules/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=1195&qid=158160>
- arts, technology and social change -

furthernews issue 25

FORWARD
<http://crm.furtherfield.org/civicrm/mailing/forward?reset=1&jid=760&qid=158160&h=e2d0d266320a26e1>
THIS NEWSLETTER
VIEW <http://crm.furtherfield.org/civicrm/mailing/view?reset=1&id=164> IN
BROWSER
SIGN UP
<http://crm.furtherfield.org/sites/all/modules/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=1196&qid=158160>
TO FURTHERNEWS

*We hope you enjoy reading FurtherNews. Before you dive in, we would like
to invite you to become a Network Supporter or donating if you can afford
<http://crm.furtherfield.org/sites/all/modules/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=1197&qid=158160>.
This support helps expand programmes like these. Thank you.*

Furtherfield is renewing its mission!
<http://crm.furtherfield.org/sites/all/modules/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=1198&qid=158160>

Image by Pau Ros. NEW WORLD ORDER exhibition at Furtherfield, 20 May - 25
June 2017. Taken from the video The Blockchain: Change Everything Forever.
Published on Oct 3, 2016.

Our new mission is to undertake 'Fieldwork in Human and Machine
Imagination'. This is part of a new drive to make our work more sustainable
and impactful and we will be launching our new website soon.

Alongside featured editorial articles we will host a Community Blog for
people to showcase and respond to current work - as articles, reviews,
interviews, and videos.

We will continue to support diverse and critical practices that align with
Furtherfield’s new programmes of exhibitions, labs and debates. These will
be presented for all to explore on the new site. It’s gonna be wild!

What's happening now?
<http://crm.furtherfield.org/sites/all/modules/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=1199&qid=158160>

Children of Prometheus
<http://crm.furtherfield.org/sites/all/modules/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=1199&qid=158160>
at Furtherfield Gallery
Open Sat-Sun till 20 August

Featuring artists relating our use of technology today to the ancient Greek
myth of Prometheus and his theft of fire for humankind - Furtherfield's
current exhibition has had an excellent response from the public so come
along and see what the fuss is about.

Latest Reviews, Interviews and Articles
<http://crm.furtherfield.org/sites/all/modules/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=1200&qid=158160>

*The New Observatory at FACT
<http://crm.furtherfield.org/sites/all/modules/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=1200&qid=158160>
- by Daniel Rourke*

The New Observatory curated by Hannah Redler Hawes and Sam Skinner, in
collaboration with The Open Data Institute, transforms the FACT galleries
into a playground of micro-observatories. The exhibition considers how
ubiquitous, and increasingly invisible, technologies of observation have
impacted the scale at which we sense, measure, and predict.
<http://crm.furtherfield.org/sites/all/modules/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=1201&qid=158160>

*Choose Your Muse Interview: Ryota Matsumoto
<http://crm.furtherfield.org/sites/all/modules/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=1201&qid=158160>
- by Marc Garrett*

Marc Garrett interviews Ryota Matsumoto, artist, designer and urban
planner, cofounder of the Metabolist Movement, and principal and founder of
the interdisciplinary design office, Ryota Matsumoto Studio.
<http://crm.furtherfield.org/sites/all/modules/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=1202&qid=158160>

*Community as situation: Prec(ar)ious Collectives in Athens
<http://crm.furtherfield.org/sites/all/modules/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=1202&qid=158160>
- by Chloe Stavrou*

Alongside Documenta 14, six visual artists and eight contemporary Greek
choreographers devised Prec(ar)ious Collectives, exhibiting a hybrid space
and experimental notion of a community.
<http://crm.furtherfield.org/sites/all/modules/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=1203&qid=158160>

*Review of The Gathering Cloud, JR Carpenter
<http://crm.furtherfield.org/sites/all/modules/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=1203&qid=158160>
- by Mary Paterson*

Carpenter creates a dreamscape to imagine the future in her new literary
artwork incorporating found images and text stored on cloud computing
servers.
<http://crm.furtherfield.org/sites/all/modules/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=1204&qid=158160>

*An Interview with Alan Sondheim
<http://crm.furtherfield.org/sites/all/modules/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=1204&qid=158160>
- by Michael Szpakowski*

As part of the Children of Prometheus exhibition at Furtherfield, artist
Michael Szpakowski interviews US artist Alan Sondheim about his art: its
digital nature, the creative process, its context, and about his artwork in
the exhibition.

For all reviews, articles and interviews, visit here
<http://crm.furtherfield.org/sites/all/modules/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=1205&qid=158160>

What's Happening Now?
Are We All Addicts Now?

Furtherfield Gallery & Finsbury Park
Opening 15 Sep, 6-8pm
16 Sep -12 Nov, Open Fri-Sun 11am-5pm

New artworks addressing how addictive behaviours have been normalised by
intimate digital devices. Katriona Beales addresses the inescapability of
machine-driven connection and Fiona MacDonald : Feral Practice reminds us
that networks exist within the food we eat and the soil under our feet.
Developed with clinical psychiatrist Dr Henrietta Bowden-Jones and curator
Vanessa Bartlett. The accompanying Book designed by Stefan Schafer
<http://crm.furtherfield.org/sites/all/modules/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=1206&qid=158160>
can be pre-ordered.
Book launch - Artists Re:Thinking the Blockchain, London, Autumn 2017

Imagined as an artefact published before blockchain changed the world, Artists
Re:Thinking the Blockchain
<http://crm.furtherfield.org/sites/all/modules/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=1207&qid=158160>
is a collection of fiction, theory and documentation of artists’
experiments with blockchain. Edited and published in collaboration with
Torque
<http://crm.furtherfield.org/sites/all/modules/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=1208&qid=158160>
and Liverpool University Press.

<http://crm.furtherfield.org/sites/all/modules/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=1209&qid=158160>
Design 4 ACTION! Permaculture Course, Finsbury Park, London, Autumn 2017
<http://crm.furtherfield.org/sites/all/modules/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=1209&qid=158160>

London’s Permaculture Design Course Design 4 ACTION aims for positive
design for your life, your community and your world - at Furtherfield
Commons in Finsbury Park

6 weekends, Oct 2017 - Mar 2018,
BOOK HERE
<http://crm.furtherfield.org/sites/all/modules/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=1209&qid=158160>
<http://crm.furtherfield.org/sites/all/modules/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=1210&qid=158160>
Northumbria-Sunderland CDT conference 2017
<http://crm.furtherfield.org/sites/all/modules/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=1210&qid=158160>

Tue 25 July 2017, 10am – 4.15pm

BALTIC Gateshead NE8 3BA

Marc Garrett speaks at this conference exploring knowledge production
within, across and beyond academic institutions. All welcome, BOOK HERE
<http://crm.furtherfield.org/sites/all/modules/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=1210&qid=158160>

Join the Furtherfield network
<http://crm.furtherfield.org/sites/all/modules/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=1211&qid=158160>
Join Netbehaviour
<http://crm.furtherfield.org/sites/all/modules/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=1211&qid=158160>
<http://crm.furtherfield.org/sites/all/modules/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=1212&qid=158160>
Discuss and share @furtherfield
<http://crm.furtherfield.org/sites/all/modules/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=1212&qid=158160>

Furtherfield is supported by Arts Council England through the National
Portfolio funding programme, Haringey Council and the generosity of
individual supporters.

Click here
<http://crm.furtherfield.org/civicrm/mailing/optout?reset=1&jid=760&qid=158160&h=e2d0d266320a26e1>
if you no longer wish to receive this newsletter.
McKenzie Pavilion
Finsbury Park
London, N4 2NQ