[P2P-F] Fwd: European Ecovillage Conference 2017- Ӓngsbacka, Sweden

Michel Bauwens michel at p2pfoundation.net
Sun Jul 16 18:17:29 CEST 2017

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Fanny <fanny at gen-europe.org>
Date: Fri, Jun 9, 2017 at 3:50 PM
Subject: European Ecovillage Conference 2017- Ӓngsbacka, Sweden
To: commonswatch at lists.p2pfoundation.net,
commoning at lists.commons-institut.org

* Dear Friends, I invite you to join me at the annual European Ecovillage
Conference which will take place between the 16th and 20th of July at the
fabulous Ängsbacka ecovillage in Sweden. The most exciting news is that we
have confirmed our two keynote speakers: Charles Eisenstein and Helena
Norberg-Hodge who will speaking about their incredible work with
alternative economies. This gathering will bring change-makers, activists,
experts, intentional community members, and all those friends who dream,
hope and act for a conscious and sustainable lifestyle. Together we will
explore communal living topics such as the sharing economy and social
currencies, food sovereignty, renewable energies, non-violent
communication, group facilitation, governance models, collective and
consensual decision making, bio-architecture and ecological activism. There
will be plenty of opportunities for networking; it´s simply the best place
to meet Ecovillagers from all over Europe! Anybody who is fascinated by
alternative lifestyles, please come along, this will be a truly inspiring
space! We are also looking for participants to co-create this event with
us, Get in touch if you would like to offer workshops, presentations, films
or anything else. Please spread the word and don't hesitate to contact me
if you have any question. Find the press release at the bottom of this
email. *

Warmest regards, Fanny van Hal
Membership Officer at GEN Europe

* European Ecovillage Conference 2017- Ӓngsbacka, Sweden “Conscious
Happiness: Living the Future Today Solidarity, Resilience, and Hope”
“This is an opportunity to take a drink from the wellspring of knowledge
offered by people who are living a new normal.”-Charles Eisenstein,
visionary and conference keynote speaker   #ecovillages #community
#beautifulalternatives #innovativesolutions #togetherwerise   We invite you
to join us at the 21st edition of the Global Ecovillage Network Europe (GEN
Europe) summer conference, July 16th-20th 2017 at the Swedish ecovillage
Ӓngsbacka.   The European Ecovillage Conference’s vibrant programme is
brought alive by co-creators offering talks, workshops, and interactive
sessions centered on the theme “Conscious Happiness - Living The Future
Today: Solidarity, Resilience, Hope.” Highlights will include keynote
addresses by acclaimed speakers, authors and activists Charles Eisenstein
and Helena Norberg-Hodge, who will engage some of the great challenges of
our time - and invite participants to explore solutions offered by the
ecovillage movement.   Norberg-Hodge, creator of “The Economics of
Happiness” notes, “There’s been a really dramatic [cultural] shift, just in
the last couple of years, and yet it needs more awareness. It’s the
consciousness that’s missing…. There is this huge need for global
communication and interaction... We need that flowering of connections
which we can start with right now at home but also reach out across
internationally into a global movement. ”   The Global Ecovillage Network
is a membership-based coalition of Ecovillages, or intentional communities,
that holistically integrate ecological, economic, social and cultural
sustainability into regenerative living models. The GEN Europe network
connects, sustains and diffuses the work of ecovillage and communities
across Europe, within ecovillage communities and also to those who are
curious to learn about the movement.   Solidarity   During the 5 day
conference, participants will explore a particularly timely series of
events centred around our theme of solidarity. At a time of great change
and political divisiveness, there is an urgent need to address hardships
with insights gained from living intentionally together. Norberg-Hodge
describes a part of the work of solidarity this way: “Let’s get away from
this idea that we don’t need anybody.  We do need others.  Let’s not be
afraid to express that to one another.” Workshops exploring the Eroles
residential in Grenada, which put migrants at the centre of community
co-creation, and the Sustainer, which combines permaculture principles and
ecovillage innovation to build an autonomous shelter for those who’ve had
to flee their homes, will showcase some of the many ways in which
ecovillages are acting in solidarity around Europe.     Resilience
Personal and collective resilience in the face of changing climate,
cultural upheaval, and spiritual emptiness is a key theme of many of our
workshops and exhibits.  Workshop leader and evolutionary biologist Bjorn
Grinde describes how ecovillages meet a biological need that increases our
happiness and well-being: “Humans are adapted to live in tribal settings.
Research shows people need to find meaning in these [smaller] units. For
the future of the world, finding a meaning of life in a setting of
ecological balance is even better because that will point towards a way of
living that benefits future society.”   The Ecovillage Sustainable
Technology Exposition <https://gen-europe.org/news-events/expo/index.htm>
will feature open source solutions for reducing carbon emissions and
producing energy efficient systems, many demonstrated and built on site by
their ecovillage inventors. Conference participants will learn how to build
simple wind turbines or try out superefficient energy-saving cookware.
Exploring other aspects of resilience, workshop leaders from Spain, Sweden,
Holland and beyond consider our human relationships and spiritual
development, from addressing “the shadows” in our lives to learning
innovative conflict resolution strategies to inviting attendees to try out
organizational structures used in ecovillages.     Hope   The conference
will build an atmosphere that offers participants hope and inspiration. As
Eisenstein, author of “The More Beautiful World our Hearts Know is
Possible”, puts it, “hope is the feeling when you glimpse a real
possibility. Hope is what comes when you have an experience of what’s
possible in the future, even if you don’t know how to get there.  This is
an opportunity to take a drink from the wellspring of knowledge offered by
people who are living a new normal.”   Young people help us see the path to
our collective future, and therefore our conference team is supported by an
international team of young volunteers from across Europe. The conference
will also feature a children’s festival and provide people of all ages a
chance to connect across generations and cultures to create new
friendships.   In addition to workshops, participants can expect
opportunities to celebrate and practice healing arts, interactive events
like a living map of ecovillages across Europe, and plenty of time to
relax. The conference is a family-friendly drug and alcohol free
experience, offering managed campsites with outdoor facilities and full
vegetarian catering. “A more beautiful world IS possible… and you will
experience a part of it during the gathering at Ӓngsbacka” welcomes Ewa
Jacobsson of Ӓngsbacka.   About the conference: http://www.angsbacka.se/GEN
<http://www.angsbacka.se/GEN> Facebook event:
https://www.facebook.com/events/1334767663264375/
<https://www.facebook.com/events/1334767663264375/> General enquiry:
conference at gen-europe.org <conference at gen-europe.org> Press contact: For
interviews in English and Italian: Evan Welkin +39 334 259 0522,
pr at gen-europe.org <pr at gen-europe.org>   In Swedish: Annette Ericsdotter
Bettaieb, annette at tgim.se <annette at tgim.se>, + 46 70 777 91 00
GEN - Global Ecovillage Network The Global Ecovillage Network was founded
20 years ago and represents over 100 countries in the 5 continents.
GEN-Europe is a network that connects, sustains and diffuses the work of
ecovillages and communities. The network offers consulting and coordination
for member communities across Europe as well as supporting projects of
interdependence, including an international youth exchange program, a
community-sponsored forced migration relief project, and advocacy in
grassroots climate change networks. GEN-Europe has representation in
Brussels under the umbrella of ECOLISE, together with other
intercontinental networks; also, it has a consultative status at the UN for
educational material for 10 years. www.gen-europe.org
<http://www.gen-europe.org/>   Ängsbacka Ängsbacka, outside Karlstad in
Sweden, is a vital meeting place for people who want to live a more
conscious life, live from the heart and care for our planet. Since 1997
thousands of people have been touched by the warm, open, loving atmosphere
during workshops, festivals and visits at Ängsbacka. Ängsbacka is a full
member of GEN Europe since 2016. www.angsbacka.se
<http://www.angsbacka.se/GEN> *
[image: Logo]