[P2P-F] Fwd: Fab Lab - Maker Space Survey: We need your data!

Michel Bauwens michelsub2004 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 8 13:10:14 CET 2017

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: The Fab Foundation <sherry.lassiter at fabfoundation.org>
Date: Wed, Feb 8, 2017 at 7:04 PM
Subject: Fab Lab - Maker Space Survey: We need your data!
To: michelsub2004 at gmail.com

Help Fab Labs and Maker Spaces reach their potential by participating in
our survey!
Help Fab Labs and Maker Spaces reach their potential by participating in
our survey!
<http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?f=001SWG5pgbdlMoIXJmumQRsQFJXpCoH5EQQjZ6ET0L9MRiNfZrC8Y7dPIMSODtseLDr2GzlATovgjGtxu2qYfnOUmtR5E-7nZXUtdGSXkCPIIovxT3Dp6x5KlBmZg9E9kjBQCrQXk7VZMskSnvKHIQ-3SoEBjbyhBk9yoNAlrzV2H391CRhLAwF7g==&c=iNDV8yoq9TO-u5WPvpqbCLRnGJokPTRXa9dFeCvrAp5QLjlLlV0rSw==&ch=lxq1kLWNc7VDMVQDbuRVKpwN_hqm8lkc1WhM-HO5EkmwPjvHAXlI3A==>

Calling all Fabbers and Makers!

Our community is extraordinary and well-known for its creativity, its
entrepreneurial spirit, its educational and social impact. Amongst
ourselves we understand our strengths and weaknesses, but in order for fab
labs, maker spaces, and related initiatives to realize their full
potential, there is a need for systematic data on operations, strategy,
culture, and technology.  This data will help individual facilities and the
ecosystem as a whole in a myriad of ways: fundraising,  new project
development, and strengthening our public and private partnerships, to name
a few. We have put together the linked survey below to begin to gather this
critical data on our community.  We need your help!  Please click on the
link below in order to participate in this "Digital Fabrication Global
Stakeholder Map:"

http://sgiz.mobi/s3/Digital-Fabrication-2017-consent
<http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?f=001SWG5pgbdlMoIXJmumQRsQFJXpCoH5EQQjZ6ET0L9MRiNfZrC8Y7dPIZ6OLm67xxNj_bfvafDQhbQTLfPOIcLBpPdt4gNF0Thyj1DOCF7diTkX-CcvE-fkij-bOGGiFr9J3-zhtPlxE-a3IzPxNxOUoeKbJlQEhm0CyEGCber96pa0hl3sMlCQBxz9oX0WZhyW8-m0JqE7tq2OvSalfS3_Q==&c=iNDV8yoq9TO-u5WPvpqbCLRnGJokPTRXa9dFeCvrAp5QLjlLlV0rSw==&ch=lxq1kLWNc7VDMVQDbuRVKpwN_hqm8lkc1WhM-HO5EkmwPjvHAXlI3A==>

Your participation in the survey is voluntary and your responses will not
be individually identified.  We estimate that it will take about 20 minutes
to complete the survey.

A summary of the findings will be shared back with you and others
participating in the survey.  We anticipate that the results can be useful
in submissions for grants and other support, where assessments of impact
are key.  The results will also be used in a forthcoming book (see the next
paragraph), shared at public events, and utilized where there is the
potential for system-level impacts.

The survey is being conducted by Professor Joel Cutcher-Gershenfeld of
Brandeis University, who is an expert in organizational effectiveness and
stakeholder alignment.  He is working on a book with his brothers, Neil
Gershenfeld and Alan Gershenfeld, that connects the science of digital
fabrication with the social science of these innovations.  This is what has
prompted the survey.  Joel volunteered with his son for three years in the
very first fab lab in Boston's South End in the early 2000s.  He also led a
team conducting a survey of U.S. fab labs in 2009 and helped to launch the
Champaign-Urbana Community Fab Lab.

In addition to sharing your views, you are welcome to forward this survey
to others who you know to be involved in digital fabrication.  If you
receive more than one invitation to take the survey, please only do so once.

Note that the survey is in English.  If this is not your primary language,
but you can read this note and would like a version in another language,
please contact joelcg at brandeis.edu with this request.  We will be sending
reminders on this survey, but please complete it as soon as you can.

Thank you for your consideration and participation. Help us help the
community!

Best,

Sherry Lassiter
President and CEO
The Fab Foundation
http://www.fabfoundation.org
<http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?f=001SWG5pgbdlMoIXJmumQRsQFJXpCoH5EQQjZ6ET0L9MRiNfZrC8Y7dPIMSODtseLDr2GzlATovgjGtxu2qYfnOUmtR5E-7nZXUtdGSXkCPIIovxT3Dp6x5KlBmZg9E9kjBQCrQXk7VZMskSnvKHIQ-3SoEBjbyhBk9yoNAlrzV2H391CRhLAwF7g==&c=iNDV8yoq9TO-u5WPvpqbCLRnGJokPTRXa9dFeCvrAp5QLjlLlV0rSw==&ch=lxq1kLWNc7VDMVQDbuRVKpwN_hqm8lkc1WhM-HO5EkmwPjvHAXlI3A==>

The Fab Foundation
50 Milk Street, 16th Floor
Boston, MA  02139 USA
See what's happening on our social sites
[image: Like us on Facebook]
<http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?f=001SWG5pgbdlMoIXJmumQRsQFJXpCoH5EQQjZ6ET0L9MRiNfZrC8Y7dPIZ6OLm67xxNzlNVBpgcYsP8txQWAJ5gQcy18E6wxzHRp_jqd8rUGVcr3SzuZpHMFVOF-CEzjEaCIOXkRRr2Y4aFa-NZXmIZ6dAGwkk5Oowxli73dEoc1Odt6slqIHETsQ==&c=iNDV8yoq9TO-u5WPvpqbCLRnGJokPTRXa9dFeCvrAp5QLjlLlV0rSw==&ch=lxq1kLWNc7VDMVQDbuRVKpwN_hqm8lkc1WhM-HO5EkmwPjvHAXlI3A==>
[image: Follow us on Twitter]
<http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?f=001SWG5pgbdlMoIXJmumQRsQFJXpCoH5EQQjZ6ET0L9MRiNfZrC8Y7dPIZ6OLm67xxNzlNVBpgcYsP8txQWAJ5gQcy18E6wxzHRp_jqd8rUGVcr3SzuZpHMFVOF-CEzjEaCIOXkRRr2Y4aFa-NZXmIZ6dAGwkk5Oowxli73dEoc1Odt6slqIHETsQ==&c=iNDV8yoq9TO-u5WPvpqbCLRnGJokPTRXa9dFeCvrAp5QLjlLlV0rSw==&ch=lxq1kLWNc7VDMVQDbuRVKpwN_hqm8lkc1WhM-HO5EkmwPjvHAXlI3A==>
[image: View our profile on LinkedIn]
<http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?f=001SWG5pgbdlMoIXJmumQRsQFJXpCoH5EQQjZ6ET0L9MRiNfZrC8Y7dPIZ6OLm67xxNzlNVBpgcYsP8txQWAJ5gQcy18E6wxzHRp_jqd8rUGVcr3SzuZpHMFVOF-CEzjEaCIOXkRRr2Y4aFa-NZXmIZ6dAGwkk5Oowxli73dEoc1Odt6slqIHETsQ==&c=iNDV8yoq9TO-u5WPvpqbCLRnGJokPTRXa9dFeCvrAp5QLjlLlV0rSw==&ch=lxq1kLWNc7VDMVQDbuRVKpwN_hqm8lkc1WhM-HO5EkmwPjvHAXlI3A==>
[image: Find us on Pinterest]
<http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?f=001SWG5pgbdlMoIXJmumQRsQFJXpCoH5EQQjZ6ET0L9MRiNfZrC8Y7dPIZ6OLm67xxNzlNVBpgcYsP8txQWAJ5gQcy18E6wxzHRp_jqd8rUGVcr3SzuZpHMFVOF-CEzjEaCIOXkRRr2Y4aFa-NZXmIZ6dAGwkk5Oowxli73dEoc1Odt6slqIHETsQ==&c=iNDV8yoq9TO-u5WPvpqbCLRnGJokPTRXa9dFeCvrAp5QLjlLlV0rSw==&ch=lxq1kLWNc7VDMVQDbuRVKpwN_hqm8lkc1WhM-HO5EkmwPjvHAXlI3A==>
The Fab Foundation, 50 Milk Street, FL 16, Boston, MA 02109
SafeUnsubscribeâ„¢ michelsub2004 at gmail.com
<https://visitor.constantcontact.com/do?p=un&m=0016u_UD_GKQm15N3uAVlWoWA%3D%3D&ch=64340b30-3129-11e4-924e-d4ae52900e00&ca=e82b8cd4-a3f9-4092-ad14-093afd2b18b3>
Forward this email
<http://ui.constantcontact.com/sa/fwtf.jsp?llr=e5xw7rrab&m=1118365769668&ea=michelsub2004%40gmail.com&a=1127146432346>