[P2P-F] Fwd: Creating stable money to avoid financial crises and reduce climate change

Michel Bauwens michel at p2pfoundation.net
Tue Aug 29 18:23:10 CEST 2017

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Shann Turnbull <sturnbull at mba1963.hbs.edu>
Date: Tue, Aug 29, 2017 at 4:44 PM
Subject: Creating stable money to avoid financial crises and reduce climate
change
To: Michael Mainelli <michael_mainelli at zyen.com>

Dear Michael

Many thanks for publishing my article on how to create stable money to
establish a more efficient and crisis free financial system at:
http://www.longfinance.net/news/long-finance-blogs/1094-should-money-have-a-
stable-predicable-value.html I hope it can be used by those making
presentations on how to avoid another financial crisis and especially those
responsible for safeguarding the financial system.

In my message below to the International Accountant Standards Board (IASB)
I have invited their chairman Hans Hoogervorst to establish global
standards of value. This is suggested in my article to sustain the
environment and humanity on the planet in perpetuity. To achieve this
objective the units of value established for each bioregion would be
determined by how efficiently electrical power can be generated from benign
renewal resources and the degree to which they are used in relation to
non-renewable and/or non-benign sources. My vision for a sustainable
society and how to get there is posted at: http://www.
ecologicalcitizen.net/article.php?t=vision-ecocentric-society-how-get-there

A unit of value established independently of the financial system could not
be directly affected by trade, investment or financial crises. Instead,
uncertainty would be reduced to promote trade and investment on a basis
that promoted sustainable wellbeing of humanity in each bioregion. Its
adoption could reduce and/or eliminate the need for carbon taxing and/or
trading.

I am using this message to promote the proposal with parties interested in
monetary matters who may have an interest in encouraging the IASB to act
sooner rather than later. Let the IASB know with a message to info at ifrs.org
<info at ifrc.org>. For those not familiar with the “Long Finance” web page it
is an initiative of the addressee - Alderman Professor Michael Mainelli.
Michael founded Long Finance in 2005 in partnership with Gresham College,
the City of London Corporation and forty financial institutions.  The Long
Finance web page is hosted by Z/Yen, a commercial “ Think Tank” that
Michael co-founded with Ian Harris. The webpage accepts feedback to be
posted on its articles.

I would be pleased to meet any interested parties in London during my visit
from September 4th to 14th.

With my best wishes and thanks

Shann

Begin forwarded message: