[P2P-F] Fwd: Participatory Spirituality New Book Event (May 11)

Michel Bauwens michel at p2pfoundation.net
Fri Apr 28 19:17:38 CEST 2017

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Jorge Ferrer <jorgeferrer2012 at gmail.com>
Date: Sat, Apr 29, 2017 at 12:12 AM
Subject: Participatory Spirituality New Book Event (May 11)
To: Jorge Ferrer <jferrer at ciis.edu>

Dear friends,

How do we creatively participate in the mystery of spirituality? My new
book *Participation and the Mystery: Transpersonal Essays in Psychology,
Education, and Religion* (SUNY Press, 2017) explores participatory
spirituality, which holds that human beings are active co-creators of
spiritual phenomena and worlds. With the dwindling of organized religion,
there is a growing movement for a more personal, individuated spirituality
to come to the forefront and enrich old structures. *Participation and the
Mystery* offers an examination of the relationship between science and
transpersonal psychology, the import of shared entheogenic visions, the
nature of a fully embodied spirituality, the features of integral
education, and the future of religion

I hope you are able to join me for a presentation and dialogue with *Matthew
T. Segall*, who teaches in the Philosophy, Cosmology, and
Consciousness program at the CIIS. *Our conversation* about *Participation
and the Mystery* will *offer an* investigation of contemporary spirituality
and how to participate in cycles larger than ourselves.

*Event Details*

Participatory Spirituality: Jorge Ferrer in Conversation with Matthew T.
Segall

May 11th 6:30-8:00 PM at California Institute for Integral Studies

*Tickets:* https://www.eventbrite.com/e/participatory-spirituality-
jorge-ferrer-in-conversation-with-matthew-t-segall-tickets-31363023648

Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/events/358879307813675/

SUNY Press Book Page: http://www.sunypress.edu/p-6388-participation-and-the-
mystery.aspx

Please feel free to circulate the information through networks and friends.
This will be most likely my last public speaking event in the Bay Area for
quite some time. It would be wonderful to see you there.

There is no need to respond to this message.

Warmly,

Jorge

--
Jorge N. Ferrer, PhD