[P2P-F] Fwd: Doughnut Economics is launched!

Michel Bauwens michel at p2pfoundation.net
Wed Apr 19 10:17:23 CEST 2017

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Kate Raworth <kate.raworth at ouce.ox.ac.uk>
Date: Wed, Apr 19, 2017 at 12:43 PM
Subject: Doughnut Economics is launched!
To: Kate Raworth <kate.raworth at ouce.ox.ac.uk>

Dear friends and colleagues,

After three years of thinking and rewriting, *Doughnut Economics: seven
ways to think like a 21st century economist* is now officially published,
and I'm delighted. My huge thanks to all those who have encouraged and
supported me along the way.

Doughnut Economics proposes 7 fundamental shifts needed in today's economic
mindset if we – humanity – want to give ourselves half a chance of thriving
together on this living planet in the 21st century. It's had some strong
reviews, including this article by George Monbiot
<https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2017/apr/12/doughnut-growth-economics-book-economic-model>
.

Doughnut Economics is now available in English in bookshops worldwide, and
in Italian, with future editions coming in Spanish, German, Portuguese,
Dutch and Japanese.

If you'd like to help the book's message fly in the world, it would be
wonderful if you could do any of the following:

- Tweet / Facebook / share the book on any social media platforms you use.
You could tweet / share George Monbiot's article
<https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2017/apr/12/doughnut-growth-economics-book-economic-model>,
or here's a sample tweet/post to share, along with one of the images
attached below.

*It's time to rewrite economics! Check out Kate Raworth's new book Doughnut
Economics: seven ways to think like a 21st century economist -
www.kateraworth.com <http://www.kateraworth.com>*

- Check out the wonderful one-minute animations
<https://www.kateraworth.com/animations/> on the Seven Ways to Think made
by a world-class team of animators and share them far and wide. (you can
tweet these too of course!). We are seeking bilingual folks to help
translate them into as many languages as possible, so follow the link on
the animations page if you'd like to help make that happen.

- Write a review on Amazon (whether or not you like Amazon, the customer
reviews there count for a good deal!)

Huge thanks for anything support you can give to help Doughnut Economics
fly well in the world!

And here's to the mission of making economics fit for the 21st century.

All the very best,

Kate

Kate Raworth
Senior Visiting Research Associate,
Environmental Change Institute, Oxford University
Blog: www.doughnuteconomics.org
Web: www.kateraworth.com
Twitter: @KateRaworth