[P2P-F] Fwd: Think Global, Print Local: Book Publishing as a Commons

Michel Bauwens michel at p2pfoundation.net
Fri Mar 4 12:38:23 CET 2016

fyi

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Stacco Troncoso <staccotroncoso at p2pfoundation.net>
Date: Mon, Feb 29, 2016 at 4:00 PM
Subject: Think Global, Print Local: Book Publishing as a Commons

Hello,

As you may know, Guerrilla Translation is launching *a groundbreaking new
project* <http://goteo.cc/guerrillatranslationeng>, and we hope we can
count on you for some help! Here’s all the information you need to join our
team by supporting our crowdfund. Keep your eyes open for updates, and read
on...we explain below all the ways that you can collaborate! Many thanks.

Guerrilla Translation <http://guerrillatranslation.org/>

*#ThinkGlobalPrintLocal*

[image: Bollier y los comunes]

*Hello friends of Guerrilla Translation!*

We’re writing to tell you about our exciting news here at GT - we have *a
crowdfund campaign launching today, February 29th*
<http://goteo.cc/guerrillatranslationeng> on Goteo, supporting our
commons-oriented, sustainable publishing project: *Think Global, Print Loca*l.
We’re embarking on a new adventure in collaboration, translation, and
publishing.

We’re launching a new kind of publishing network, with a team of
P2P/commons publishers in Europe and Latin America. The idea is to *“think
global”* - create a book translation and release a free e-book - and *“print
local”* - support small, local printers and publishers, and avoid
environmentally destructive long-distance shipping.

Funds raised in this campaign will allow us to kick off this new network
with a Spanish translation of a specially chosen book - David Bollier’s “Think
Like a Commoner <http://thinklikeacommoner.com/>”. We’d love for you to
join us in the adventure of growing our sustainable knowledge commons -
online and on paper! *How can you help Think Global, Print Local?*

   1. *Watch for updates.* We’re launching today, but as the campaign
   progresses we may need some support in getting more attention. Keep track
   of the campaign on our Goteo page
   <http://goteo.cc/guerrillatranslationeng>.
   2. *Donate*. If you want to support us with a monetary donation, would
   you please consider doing so in the first days of the campaign? With a
   strong base of immediate support, we stand a much better chance of
   realizing our dream.
   3. *Group support*. Have a look at our rewards page, your community
   group could help sponsor some books for another community in a
   Spanish-speaking country!
   4. *Sponsorship*. Your group could sponsor a live event, even an
   in-person appearance.
   5. *Pass it on*. When you get updates about the crowdfund, please share
   them forward to your friends and colleagues - be sure to tell them why you
   think it’s a good idea to support us.
   6. *Share*. Follow our crowdfund on Facebook
   <https://www.facebook.com/Guerrilla-Translation-151238068385765/> and
   Twitter <https://twitter.com/GuerrillaTrans>, share and please comment
   on what we post
   7. *Collaborate*. There are non-monetary contributions listed on our
   crowdfund page, have a look and see where you might lend a hand.

WE NEED YOUR HELP THIS WEEK - READ THIS!
<http://goteo.cc/guerrillatranslationeng>

With this crowdfund, we want to create a sustainable way to share
information cross-culturally with other communities through translations of
books, and have those books available to communities in hard copy - not
only digital. Our partners in this adventure are: La Libre
<http://lalibredebarranco.weebly.com/>/Cornucopia Editorial (Peru),Sursiendo
<http://sursiendo.com/> (Mexico), Tinta Limón
<http://tintalimon.com.ar/> (Argentina)
and Traficantes de Sueños <http://www.traficantes.net/> (Spain). Help
support our work in creating those translations, e-books and hard copies in
multiple locations - #ThinkGlobalPrintLocal!

[image: TLAC cover ES resized]

Get the book for your Spanish speaking friends!

--

   - Strategic direction steward P2P Foundation
   <https://blog.p2pfoundation.net/about-2>. Director of content

#82 on the (En)Rich list: http://enrichlist.org/the-complete-list/