[P2P-F] Fwd: Oslo Principles follow-up meeting THURSDAY 14 JANUARY

Michel Bauwens michel at p2pfoundation.net
Sat Jan 9 08:54:43 CET 2016

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Hans van Willenswaard <hans at schoolforwellbeing.org>
Date: Fri, Jan 8, 2016 at 5:01 PM
Subject: Oslo Principles follow-up meeting THURSDAY 14 JANUARY
To: School for Wellbeing <hans at schoolforwellbeing.org>

Dear Friends and Colleagues,

December 21 2015 professor Jaap Spier presented the “Oslo Principles” at
the Dusi Thani Library. (Background information can be found in the
Ajarn Sulak emphasized the importance of private actions like the Russell
Tribunal on the USA-War in Vietnam which had enormous impact and
anticipated new legal principles and institutes.

It was felt that we urgently should continue the discussion in more depth
and detail, including discussions in Thai.

Therefore we  improvise a follow-up meeting on very short notice: *Thursday
14 January 16.30 – 17.00 hours.* Venue will be confirmed. Provisional
programme is attached. Please register by email hans at schoolforwellbeing.org
.

The legal instruments to hold actors responsible for climate change and
damages to the environment and people are not sufficient in the present
situation.

New legal principles will only be adopted with strong support of civil
society.

Please join the discussion on Thursday 14 December.

Thank you very much,

School for Wellbeing Studies and Research

Hans

#82 on the (En)Rich list: http://enrichlist.org/the-complete-list/