[P2P-F] Fwd: [NetworkedLabour] Fwd: e-syllabus on forced labor

Michel Bauwens michel at p2pfoundation.net
Tue Feb 2 11:27:42 CET 2016

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: peter waterman <peterwaterman1936 at gmail.com>
Date: Tue, Feb 2, 2016 at 3:40 AM
Subject: [NetworkedLabour] Fwd: e-syllabus on forced labor
To: "CRITICAL-LABOUR-STUDIES at jiscmail.ac.uk" <
CRITICAL-LABOUR-STUDIES at jiscmail.ac.uk>, "<
networkedlabour at lists.contrast.org>" <networkedlabour at lists.contrast.org>

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: jeroen <jeroen at cleanclothes.org>
Date: Mon, Feb 1, 2016 at 8:19 AM
Subject: Fwd: e-syllabus on forced labor
To: Karin Astrid Siegmann <siegmann at iss.nl>, peterwaterman1936 at gmail.com

Dear all,

This e-syllabus on forced labor might might be of use.
available at: http://cameronthibos.com/bts/BTS-2-Global-Economy.pdf
below a short introduction
Best wishes,

Jeroen

--
Activists, academics, trade unions, governments and NGOs around the
world are trying to both understand and address forced labour, human

Beyond Trafficking and Slavery seeks to constructively influence these
debates by bringing together the best available research, and by both
formulating and evaluating the merits of competing proposals for reform.
In addition, we also aim to inform a new wave of scholars,
policy-makers, and practitioners who are currently making their way
through school systems and universities around the world. Our approach
combines the rigour of academic scholarship, the clarity of journalism,
and the immediacy of political advocacy in order to address the
political, economic, and social root causes of exploitation,
vulnerability, and forced labour around the world.

With the BTS Short Course, we have re-edited our publications from the
past 18 months into the world’s first open access ‘e-syllabus’ on forced
labour, trafficking, and slavery. With 167 contributions from 150 top
academics and practitioners, this 900-page, eight-volume set is packed
with insights from the some of the best and most progressive scholarship
and activism currently available. We have made this free for download,
as well as print and classroom ready, with the goal of reaching not only
practitioners and students in the global north, but to also reach
readers working in organisations and institutions unable to pay for
expensive academic journal and subscription services.

1. Popular and Political Representations    5. Migration and Mobility
2. Forced Labour in the Global Economy    6. Race, Ethnicity and Belonging
3. State and the Law    7. Childhood and Youth
4. On History    8. Gender

--
Dr Jeroen Merk

--