[P2P-F] Fwd: This is how people power wins an election: the story of Ahora Madrid

Michel Bauwens michel at p2pfoundation.net
Thu Dec 22 13:34:44 CET 2016

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Stacco Troncoso <staccotroncoso at p2pfoundation.net>
Date: Thu, Dec 22, 2016 at 7:23 PM
Subject: This is how people power wins an election: the story of Ahora
Madrid
To: commonswatch at lists.p2pfoundation.net

As a continuation of the other day's post
<http://commonstransition.org/common-space-for-exchange-cities-in-transition-and-citizen-struggles/>
on the Municipalist electoral coalitions which took power in several
Spanish cities, here's an in-depth interview I conducted with Ahora
Madrid's heads of transparency and citizen participation.

We spoke at length about citizen participation, transparency, the Commons,
a 60 million-euro participatory budget, the persistent misunderstanding
that Podemos equals Ahora Madrid or Barcelona en Comú, how to bring “open
source logics” to city governance, and the difficulties of institutional
encroachment for those used to consensus-oriented assembly spaces. I think
that this is very relevant material for the ECA, and an valuable resource
for any commons-based electoral strategy that goes beyond pandering to
existing party structures. Check it out in the link below.

http://commonstransition.org/this-is-how-people-power-wins-
an-election-the-story-of-ahora-madrid/

That's it. Happy solstice/holidays/take your pic everyone. Looking forward
to seeing you all again next year.

--

Strategic direction steward P2P Foundation <http://p2pfoundation.net/>.
Director of content commonstransition.org

#82 on the (En)Rich list: http://enrichlist.org/the-complete-list/