[P2P-F] Fwd: [members] Release of First Monday special issue "'Reclaiming the Internet' with distributed architectures"

Michel Bauwens michel at p2pfoundation.net
Thu Dec 8 13:28:05 CET 2016

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Francesca Musiani <francesca.musiani at gmail.com>
Date: Thu, Dec 8, 2016 at 7:06 PM
Subject: [members] Release of First Monday special issue "'Reclaiming the
Internet' with distributed architectures"
To: nextleap <nextleap at inria.fr>, netcommons.all at list.disi.unitn.it,
P2PValue Project Members List <members at lists.p2pvalue.eu>
Cc: "<Loretta.Anania at ec.europa.eu>" <Loretta.Anania at ec.europa.eu>, "<
Fabrizio.Sestini at ec.europa.eu>" <Fabrizio.Sestini at ec.europa.eu>

Dear CAPS projects colleagues, dear Project Officers,

I am delighted to announce the release of the First Monday special issue
"'Reclaiming the Internet' with distributed architectures" (the twentieth
in the journal's history!), which I co-edited with Cécile Méadel. The set
of thought-provoking papers in this First Monday special issue were
originally part of the final symposium of the research project ADAM (
adam.hypotheses.org
<http://l.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fadam.hypotheses.org%2F&h=BAQGYqKAxAQGOPKMQ27fVGFYudC_AC0iCdaXbtZwT9txJIA&enc=AZO9y9jt-kqWP95OlpX-K6vPRppHhQfLbCBrGqBC-owW8rYFDJtBVcQxIey97vjZXIWgIgyTBQiygD9MAzOSrFDR2yrn8-6kbiD9m-lap-dsaRaep9zP5FC6IdDreiDK2cp9bjJi2Oe6DraxP4I8SR5yhUJd6y6KcAnTaqq8alK04jbiUu5z0VInobRLol-g0UU&s=1>),
which from 2010 to 2014 investigated the social, political, economic and
legal dimensions of distributed network architectures, and boasts an
impressive mix of authors (and issues) at the core of P2Pvalue, netCommons
and NEXTLEAP :) .

Please find the table of contents below. Happy reading, and please feel
free to spread the news in your networks!

Kindest regards,
Francesca

----------

"Reclaiming the Internet" with distributed architectures: An introduction
<http://firstmonday.org/ojs/index.php/fm/article/view/7101>  Francesca
Musiani, Cécile Méadel
The decentralization of knowledge: How Carnap and Heidegger influenced the
Web <http://firstmonday.org/ojs/index.php/fm/article/view/7109>
Harry Halpin, Alexandre Monnin
Monuments of cyberspace: Designing the Internet beyond the network framework
<http://firstmonday.org/ojs/index.php/fm/article/view/7112>
Paris Chrysos
Blockchain technology as a regulatory technology: From code is law to law
is code <http://firstmonday.org/ojs/index.php/fm/article/view/7113>
Primavera De Filippi, Samer Hassan
Peer to party: Occupy the law
<http://firstmonday.org/ojs/index.php/fm/article/view/7117>
Mélanie Dulong de Rosnay
Law encoded: Towards a free speech policy model based on decentralized
architectures <http://firstmonday.org/ojs/index.php/fm/article/view/7118>
Argyro P. Karanasiou
Alternative rules for alternative networks? Tort law meets wireless
community networks
<http://firstmonday.org/ojs/index.php/fm/article/view/7119>
Federica Giovanella
Local networks for local interactions: Four reasons why and a way forward
<http://firstmonday.org/ojs/index.php/fm/article/view/7123>
Panayotis Antoniadis
Cosmopolitical composition of distributed architectures
<http://firstmonday.org/ojs/index.php/fm/article/view/7128>
Dominique Boullier

--
Francesca Musiani (ph.d.)

associate research professor (*chargée de recherche*), CNRS, ISCC
<http://www.iscc.cnrs.fr/>
associate researcher, i3, CSI <http://www.csi.ensmp.fr/>, MINES ParisTech
vice-chair, CPT <http://iamcr.org/s-wg/section/cp-t>, IAMCR
academic editor, @PolicyR <http://policyreview.info/>