[P2P-F] very important treatment of the conditions of success for a post-capitalist transition

Anna Harris anna at shsh.co.uk
Fri Aug 5 18:14:06 CEST 2016

Unlike Michel, I found this 'important thesis' unreadable and what I could read of it, irrelevant. 'Making sense of Rifkin's Third Industrial Revolution', implying that on its own it doesn't make sense, feels to me an attempt by the writer to hitch his wagon to a star.

I personally find Rifkin easy and stimulating to read, with a simple clarity that is hard to beat. This thesis only muddies the water by trying to fit him in to other theoretical structures, which as far as I can see, do not add anything to simple clarity of his original thesis.

Anna