[P2P-F] Fwd: Cooperative Economics Alliance of New York (CEANYC): We're Launched

Michel Bauwens michel at p2pfoundation.net
Tue Apr 26 04:16:28 CEST 2016

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Clifford Rosenthal <cliffcdcu1 at gmail.com>
Date: Tue, Apr 26, 2016 at 5:07 AM
Subject: Cooperative Economics Alliance of New York (CEANYC): We're Launched

Several of you, especially John and Pat, have expressed interested in the
progress of our effort to develop and expand a multi-sectoral cooperative
initiative in New York City.

I'm happy to report that we had a very successful annual meeting and launch
on April 18 at the Community Resource Exchange in Manhattan.  Some 40
people attended, representing food, housing, credit, worker, and other
cooperatives and community-based social justice organizations.  Especially
exciting was the diversity -- ethnically, racially, generationally.  We
elected a five-person board of directors -- labor and community organizers,
African American women's collective, food co-op member, worker co-op
representative, folks who have jointly worked to get us to this point.

Cheyenna Weber who has been the driving force in getting us to this point
deserves mountains of credit for her years of devoted, largely unpaid labor
in bringing the vision of CEANYC to this reality.  We are encouraged by the
possibilities before us, and the energy we see and feel.  As someone who
has spent more than forty years in the cooperative movement, I cannot begin
to tell you how gratifying it is to see the torch being passed.

In cooperation,
Cliff Rosenthal

 [image: Inline image 1]

--