[P2P-F] Fwd: [commoning] Call for papers : urban commons and digital equipments

Michel Bauwens michel at p2pfoundation.net
Mon Apr 25 01:58:51 CEST 2016

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Hervé Le Crosnier <herve at cfeditions.com>
Date: Sun, Apr 24, 2016 at 8:34 PM
Subject: [commoning] Call for papers : urban commons and digital equipments
To: Commoning <commoning at lists.commons-institut.org>

        Dear Commoners,

        The Netcom scientific journal (http://netcom.revues.org) is a
bilingual journal (french and english). We just publish a call for papers
about digital equipments and the urban commons.

        Here is an excerpt from this call. The complete call is at
https://netcom.revues.org/1612 (in english) and
https://netcom.revues.org/952 (in french).

        As for scientific journal, paper will go through a peer review.
Aside of complete peer reviewed articles, this special issue is also
waiting for "scientific notes" describing interesting or innovative issues
concerning the urban commons.

        I hope a lot of you will submit papers or notes.

        Time schedule is :
- 15 September 2016: Submission of proposals.
- 1 November 2016: Return of proposal reviews.
- 1 December 2016: Return of papers with authors’ revisions
- 2017: Publication of the issue.

        PLease have a look at the complete call for papers, but here is the
main objectives.

        Yours,

Hervé Le Crosnier

---------------------
The objective of this issue is to gain a better understanding of the
phenomena of collective actions supported or made possible by digital
technology. What new forms of sharing have emerged within urban
territories? Which former urban commons have been reactivated with this
digital contribution? To what extent can digital technology relate to a
certain form of departure from the traditional urban commons?

We look forward to case studies, comparisons between activities of commons
construction, either in several places or according to distinct methods. We
also anticipate more theoretical articles, helping to define this vast
collection of urban commons in the digital age.
Commons-Institut e.V. Germany
Commoning at lists.commons-institut.org

#82 on the (En)Rich list: http://enrichlist.org/the-complete-list/