[P2P-F] Fwd: Thank you for signing

Michel Bauwens michel at p2pfoundation.net
Wed Apr 20 01:47:15 CEST 2016

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Dariusz Gentek <derick.gentek at gmail.com>
Date: Wed, Apr 20, 2016 at 1:51 AM
Subject: Fwd: Thank you for signing
To: michel at p2pfoundation.net

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Dariusz Gentek <derick.gentek at gmail.com>
Date: Tue, Apr 19, 2016 at 2:47 PM
To: ianchale at hotmail.com

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: My Fair London <marek at goingglobal.co.uk>
Date: Tue, Apr 19, 2016 at 2:35 PM
Subject: Thank you for signing
To: Dariusz Gentek <derick.gentek at gmail.com>

Dariusz --

Thank you for signing. Please forward this email on to others who may want
to sign.

My Fair London
http://www.myfairlondon.org.uk/

Here's the full petition:

*We challenge the next Mayor to take action on inequality. Support our
campaign by signing our petition below*

*Our Manifesto for the Mayor of London: *

*Five steps for a fairer London   Download here
<https://d3n8a8pro7vhmx.cloudfront.net/myfairlondon/pages/58/attachments/original/1460290201/LondonMayoralElections2016_My_Fair_London_Manifesto.pdf?1460290201>*

*Step One: * Housing – put fairness and equity at the heart of efforts to
tackle London’s housing crisis:

- intervene to tackle the broken property market, where only the very rich
can afford to buy, where even young professionals are stuck paying
extortionate rents, while new flats are kept empty by their investor owners.

- Bring down rents to truly affordable levels, so families don’t have to
give over half their income to the landlord, and where taxpayers money is
poured into the pockets of private landlords through Housing Benefit.

- Invest in new council homes for rent at prices that are truly affordable
so that council homes are no longer only homes of last resort for the
poorest.

- Make sure that new developments always contain a mix of properties so
that people from all backgrounds can live together in the same
neighbourhoods, making London once again a shared, open and honest city.

*Step Two:* Fair pay and fair incomes:

- launch a Fair Pay mark for employers to encourage all businesses to
publish salary levels and reward those who achieve a ratio of ten to one
between their highest and lowest earner.

- ensure that all Mayoral organisations introduce pay ratios and move
towards becoming ten to one employers.

- re-double efforts to eradicate low pay, building on the London Living Wage

*Step Three:* A fair future for the next generation

- Lobby central government for fairer taxes so that everyone has a more
equal start in life & taxes redistribute wealth from the top downwards

- Make sure that where you live, your race, gender or disability doesn’t
unfairly limit your life chances

- Allocate more investment to help young people – reduce the cost of
education, create real, paid apprenticeships, challenge un-paid internships

- challenge the super-rich, global corporations and the top of the
financial services sector to stop taking grossly unfair rewards and
recognize that businesses suffer, society suffers and our city is
diminished by gross inequality

*Step Four: * Equity in all policies – we are all Londoners

- make sure transport and planning policies work to reinforce fairness and
do all they can to narrow health, opportunity and income gaps – for example
give young people free travel for their first six months of employment

- make sure London-wide education programmes target resources at the most
disadvantaged, but involve all young people

*Step Five:* Shine a spotlight on fairness and inequality

-establish a standing, city-wide, representative fairness commission, to
monitor changes over time, highlight areas of concern, identify new and
better responses and celebrate the successes of Londoners, as together ,we
make the city a fairer place.

*Inequality is tearing at London’s social fabric.* We need a Mayor who
understands that money is power and that it needs to be shared out more
equally.

We know that inequality is bad for us and bad for our city. This manifesto
sets out five steps for the next Mayor of London to begin the task of
turning London from a global capital of inequality to a global capital of
equity and fairness.

We call on the next Mayor of London to sign up to five steps for a fairer
London.

 DOWNLOAD OUR *Our Manifesto for the Mayor of London:*
<https://d3n8a8pro7vhmx.cloudfront.net/myfairlondon/pages/58/attachments/original/1460290201/LondonMayoralElections2016_My_Fair_London_Manifesto.pdf?1460290201>

Sign here:
http://www.myfairlondon.org.uk/mayoralelection2016?recruiter_id=1997

-=-=-