[P2P-F] Fwd: [NetworkedLabour] Fwd: [Squares] #NuitDebout call, place de la République

Michel Bauwens michel at p2pfoundation.net
Sun Apr 10 18:05:39 CEST 2016

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Orsan Senalp <orsan1234 at gmail.com>
Date: Sun, Apr 10, 2016 at 4:27 PM
Subject: [NetworkedLabour] Fwd: [Squares] #NuitDebout call, place de la
République
To: Nw Labour discuss <networkedlabour at lists.contrast.org>,
2011movements-fsm <2011movements-fsm-wsf-discussion at lists.openfsm.net>, WSF
discuss <WorldSocialForum-Discuss at openspaceforum.net>

Begin forwarded message:

*From:* NuitDebout <nuitdebout at riseup.net>
*Date:* 9 Apr 2016 11:48:29 GMT+2
*To:* squares at lists.takethesquare.net
*Subject:* *[Squares] #NuitDebout call, place de la République*
*Reply-To:* squares at lists.takethesquare.net

Nuit Debout's call, place de la République
Paris, 8th April 2016 #NuitDebout
Everywhere in Europe, #40mars (9th of april)
Rise Up together

Since 31 March, we are settled on Republic square (in Paris) and on many
other places everywhere throughout France.

Our mobilisation was initially aimed at protesting against the French
Labour Law. This reform is not an isolated case, since it comes as a new
piece in the austerity measures which already affected our European
neighbours and which will have the same effects as the Italian Job Acts or
the Reforma Laboral in Spain. This concretely means more layoffs, more
precarity, growing inequalities and the shaping of private interests. We
refuse to suffer this shock strategy, notably imposed in the context of an
authoritarian state of emergency.

The debates taking place in the assemblies on Republic square prove that
the general exasperation goes way beyond the Labour Law and opens a more
global issue: the reconsideration of a social and political system stuck
into a deep crisis and on its way out. We will not be the ones crying
because of its end.

This movement was not born and will not die in Paris. From the Arab Spring
to the 15M Movement, from Tahrir Square to Gezi park, Republic square and
the plenty of other places occupied tonight in France are depicting the
same angers, the same hopes and the same conviction: the need for a new
society, where Democracy, Dignity and Liberty would not be hollow shells.

Supporting testimonies received from abroad warm us and strengthen our
commitment. This movement is yours too. It has no limit, no border and it
belongs to all of those who wish to be part of it. We are thousands, but we
can be millions. Together, standing, awake. Let’s rise up together.

*The #40mars (9 of april), organise your #Nuitdebout*

Press contact: nuitdeboutpresse at riseup.net

*Other languages:
https://www.convergence-des-luttes.org/appel-nuit-debout/nuit-debouts-call-place-de-la-republique-paris-8th-april-2016/
<https://www.convergence-des-luttes.org/appel-nuit-debout/nuit-debouts-call-place-de-la-republique-paris-8th-april-2016/>*