[P2P-F] Fwd: Launching Off Grid Festival 2016

Michel Bauwens michel at p2pfoundation.net
Mon Apr 4 18:15:46 CEST 2016

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Off Grid Festival <info.offgridevents at gmail.com>
Date: Mon, Apr 4, 2016 at 11:11 PM
Subject: Launching Off Grid Festival 2016
To: info at offgrid-festival.co.uk

*Dear Member of the New Economy,*

I hope this email finds you well and that you won’t object to me emailing
like this. I’m writing to let you know about the relaunch of the *Off Grid
Festival* <http://www.offgrid-festival.co.uk> in 2016. Off Grid ran between
2009 and 2014 as an annual gathering in Somerset with the intention of
showcasing solutions, exploring radical alternatives to the mainstream and
personally empowering attendees through a range of workshops, skill-shares
and more.

The event is a unique crossover between festival and conference, a chance
to have fun in a field with likeminded people sharing ideas, skills and
wisdom. A chance to celebrate life whilst building for a better future.
Over the years the event has trialled many exciting innovations, including
running its own *complementary currency*, the SOL (Symbol of Life) based on
local economies already existent in the UK.

A centrepiece of the event is the *Off Grid College*, a 12 module course in
low-impact and sustainable living, focused on practical applications of
knowledge ranging from Permaculture techniques to DIY 12v technology; Eco
Build skills to wild food and medicine foraging; natural waste and water
systems to making your own biogas system. Alongside this there is an annual
conference covering topics as diverse as the New Economy; smallscale
farming and food production; low impact law; One Planet development;
Cooperatives and Organisational Structures and much more. All this and more
in festival surroundings with childrens area; main stage; organic food and
drink; permaculture gardens; forest school; bushcraft space; traditional
crafts and alternative technology area and much more besides.

*Off Grid* plans to return in 2016 as part of a new venture, The Biophilia
Project, on a 96-acre farm on the very edge of *Exeter*. It’s an amazing
location where the owner has a clear vision to showcase Another World is
Possible through demonstration of innovative land management techniques,
hosting community activity and by providing a haven in touching distance of
urban areas for those seeking solutions. Contributors to the event
include *Shift
Bristol**,* *Transition Exeter *and* Exeter Community Energy*, whilst
the *Exeter
Pound* itself will act as the special site currency for the weekend.

We’re currently running a Crowdfund campaign to get the event back off the
ground, encouraging people to sign up as Members/Buy Tickets and
participate in this year’s Gathering. The crowdfund campaign runs until
19th April seeking to raise £6000 towards costs of the event. It can be
found here: http://www.crowdfunder.co.uk/off-grid-festival-2016 along with
a video about the event.

*If you would be interested in attending the event in some capacity, please
let us know. We’d love to hear from you and your organisation. Any help in
promoting to your friends, family and networks is very much appreciated.*

Yours sincerely,

Dan Hurring
Event Coordinator

Off Grid Festival