[P2P-F] Fwd: [tapas] Celebrating the Future at Bristol's New Economy Summit

Michel Bauwens michel at p2pfoundation.net
Fri Oct 16 12:11:03 CEST 2015

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Annemarie Naylor <annemarie at commonfutures.eu>
Date: Fri, Oct 16, 2015 at 4:10 PM
Subject: Re: [tapas] Celebrating the Future at Bristol's New Economy Summit
To: tapas at lists.p2pfoundation.net

Hi Jules (et al)

Many thanks – super interesting / encouraging work!

Here, the past 10 days has seen publication of Taking Power Back:
http://www.policypress.co.uk/display.asp?K=9781447326878 by Simon Parker of
NLGN – a commons oriented approach to redesigning local government, as it
is faced with the challenges that are helpfully outlined in Deloitte’s new
‘The State of the State’:
http://www2.deloitte.com/uk/en/pages/public-sector/articles/state-of-the-state.html#
-
and with a welcome mention of the Common Libraries initiative.

Otherwise, we set out the following ideas and have amassed a modest R&D
Fund from local government finance directors in x11 areas to progress
associated activities, some 12 months after we began talking to you all
about some of them:

*Rethinking Capital Development & Deployment to Obtain Revenue Outcomes*

*Land*

1

Decommodify Land and Buildings

2

Invite Innovation in Housing Development

3

Map, Publicise and Share Infrastructure

4

Cooperate – Capital for Revenue Working

*Labour*

5

Invite Collaboration Proposals / Agreements

6

Issue Challenges & Pilot Innovative Collaborations

7

Incentivise Collaboration

8

Explore a New Inter-Generational Settlement

*Capital*

9

Establish Invest to Innovate Governance (R&D Government)

10

Explore Donations, Subscriptions and Crowd Funds

11

Decommodify Money for Liquidity in Deprived Neighbourhoods

12

Share Patient, Low-Cost Investment Capital

13

Introduce Alternative Currencies & Virtuous Procurement

*Enterprise*

14

Income Generation Opportunities

15

Inward Social Enterprise Investment Strategies

16

Invite Public : Social Partnerships – Open Coops

*Technology*

17

Support Self-Build Open Networks

18

Pilot Whitespace Use & Wi-Fi Hotspot Loans

19

Establish Public : Social ISPs

20

Explore Blockchain Contracts and Currencies

21

Develop “Our Data” Initiatives with Business / Communities

I’ll let you know how we get on / as and when we would welcome your expert
input! But, if anyone knows how we might attract £££ to progress (8) -
which is about ‘re-writing the Beveridge Report’ and underpinned by ideas
related to the inter-generational transfer of housing equity in the form of
‘community wills’ - I’m all ears…because, they didn’t “get” how that could
help to re-float social care budgets under increasing pressure, but we
think we may well have ourselves some ideas as to how to take that forward.

Best wishes,
Annemarie

Annemarie Naylor

Director, Common Futures

T. 07525 236797  E: annemarie at commonfutures.eu  W:
http://www.commonfutures.eu/

Follow me on twitter @commonfutrs

12 Sandford Close, Wivenhoe, Colchester, Essex, CO7 9NP

Common Futures is a company limited by guarantee, registered in England no.
8481503

From: <tapas-request at lists.p2pfoundation.net> on behalf of Marguerite
Mendell <m <marguerite.mendell at concordia.ca>