[P2P-F] the end of europe

Michel Bauwens michel at p2pfoundation.net
Sat Nov 21 04:49:49 CET 2015

from chris quigley's newsletter:

EU Seeking End to Passport-Free Travel. In an unprecedented move following
the horrific attacks in Paris last Friday the 13th the European commission
is reviewing its founding treaty with a view to strengthening border
controls. This development goes to show the change in European conscious
brought about by the sheer scale of the Parisian death and injury. The
vision of the founding fathers of the EU saw the end-game being a Federal
“one nation” Europe and progressive treaties over the last 70 years or so
sought to bring this “binding” about. I believe that recent events have put
a stop to this goal once and for all. If the European Union cannot protect
its citizens (and it is obvious it cannot) then the only fallback is the
individual state, ergo this state cannot be abolished in this new world of
hyper-terror. It would thus now appear that David Cameron’s desire to see
the EU revert back to being a common market of independent Nation States is
going to come about after all. What negotiation was not achieving it would
appear radical terrorism has. Who would have thought?

Here is how the Associated Press reported this story: AP. 20th. November
2015: Between the French Interior Minister Cazeneuve: "we're face with a
new kind of terrorism", and Hungary’s PM Orban: "allowing people into our
own back yard who may then commit acts of terrorism was irresponsible”, AP
reports that the EU's founding treaty with regard to passport-free travel -
the so-called Schengen Agreement - is to be reformed. "We want Europe,
which has lost too much time on a certain number of questions, to note the
urgency and take decisions today," exclaimed Cazeneuve, with Orban adding
"the founding treaty is currently an obstacle to this and I believe it
needs to be reconsidered." According to Cazeneuve, the reforms will happen
by year-end.

#82 on the (En)Rich list: http://enrichlist.org/the-complete-list/