[P2P-F] Fwd: The Church of Economism and Its Discontents (GTN Discussion)

Denis Postle denis.postle at gmail.com
Mon Nov 16 13:07:40 CET 2015

A Must Read and the Norgaard essay referred to as well.

All very welcome not least because some decades ago I tried to get
'capitalism as a religion' on the agenda of science and society media
series but the Marxist scholar we were working with dismissed the
notion, 'back to the drawing board' I was told. It shut down that line
of inquiry for a long time.

I'd offer a caveat re the Noorgard article, he writes as though he
believes we can somehow get outside nature. Might it also be
sacreligious to try to insist that along with us capitalism and all its
artefacts are intrinsicly a part of nature? An essential perspective I
now find personally. But has it perhaps become an orthodoxy I haven't
noticed?
Denis Postle
On 16/11/2015 06:40, Michel Bauwens wrote:

> [...]

new site text

I have a new web-site: denis.postle.net <http://denis.postle.net> -
street poetry, free ebooks, writing, photos, videos, music and therapy
all in one place.

---