[P2P-F] Fwd: [commoning] query about communication commons portal?

Michel Bauwens michel at p2pfoundation.net
Sun Nov 15 13:47:44 CET 2015

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Armin Medosch <arminmedosch at gmail.com>
Date: Sun, Nov 15, 2015 at 2:32 PM
Subject: Re: [commoning] query about communication commons portal?
To: Michel Bauwens <michel at p2pfoundation.net>
Cc: Becky Lentz <roberta.lentz at mcgill.ca>, michael gurstein <
gurstein at gmail.com>, Rachel O' Dwyer <rachel.odwyer at gmail.com>, Kevin
Flanagan <kev.flanagan at gmail.com>, COMMONING LIste engl <
commoning at lists.commons-institut.org>, Commoning discussion list <
commoning at lists.wissensallmende.de>

Hi Becky,

over the past 18 months I have written a draft book on the network commons,
in particular groups creating wireess community networks. Michel has put
some excerpts on the p2p-wiki, which is okay, but you find the more
coherent format here, a Drupal book with all the chapters from top to
bottom.

http://www.thenextlayer.org/NetworkCommons

I am still hoping to turn this into a proper book, btw, any ideas?

Lateley, I have written an article that takes a more philosophical approach
and is not yet part of the book structure, that's this one:

http://www.thenextlayer.org/node/1358

Some of the topics that you are looking for are addressed but of course not
in the kind of overview form that you probably would like, since it was
just me doing the research with limited time and resources (such as almost
no travel budget).

So the answer to the question if there are such repositories, the answer is
yes and no. There is not one global one that covers everything, but there
are several. There is of course the free network foundation
https://thefnf.org/ but cfor more finely grained ninformation you will
probably have to a) collect that information yourself or with a research
group, b) dig into your language skils because  a lot of information is in
German, Spanish, Greek, etc.

all best
Armin

#82 on the (En)Rich list: http://enrichlist.org/the-complete-list/