[P2P-F] Fwd: [opennetcoalition] 2015 Donation Campaign: support civil liberties, support La Quadrature!

Michel Bauwens michel at p2pfoundation.net
Thu Nov 12 15:54:04 CET 2015

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: La Quadrature du Net <contact at laquadrature.net>
Date: Thu, Nov 12, 2015 at 9:53 PM
Subject: [opennetcoalition] 2015 Donation Campaign: support civil
liberties, support La Quadrature!
To: opennetcoalition at laquadrature.net

Themes: LA QUADRATURE DU NET, FRENCH SURVEILLANCE LAWS, NET NEUTRALITY,
COPYRIGHT REFORM

La Quadrature du Net – For immediate release

Permanent link:
https://www.laquadrature.net/en/2015-Donation-Campaign-support-liberties-support-La-Quadrature

2015 Donation Campaign: support civil liberties, support La Quadrature!

The Internetz, 12 November 2015 — **La Quadrature du Net launched its yearly
fundraising campaign. To maintain total independence, La Quadrature calls
for
supporters willing to help an association fully dedicated to the defense and
promotion of civil liberties, to the engagement of citizens in political
life,
and to the development of a free and open digital society. At the end of a
year in which fundamental freedoms in the digital space have been
challenged,
we need to prepare for the future.**

2015 has been a busy year for La Quadrature du Net and thus for rights and
freedoms. In France, the fight against [surveillance laws][1] has been at
the
center of our actions since January. In Europe, we have worked for [Net
neutrality][2], [protection of personal data][3] and [copyright reform][4].

We have also worked towards a major update of [our proposals][5] to promote
reforms and principles for a balanced vision of the Internet.

We have developed the presence of La Quadrature du Net in several cities in
France, encouraging the action of many volunteers and followers of the
association. Collaboration with international and French partners
(associations, unions and professionals) has been developed too, especially
during the heated parliamentary debates about the Surveillance Law.

The year 2014 has ended with a worried call for donations, to which citizens
have [answered massively][6], especially by putting in place
recurring/monthly
donations to La Quadrature du Net. This is how we can remain independent and
be able to focus on political struggles and citizen engagement in the
defence
of fundamental rights. We [renew this call][7], relying on past and present
donors to give us the means to pursue our intensive work the upcoming year.

For 2016, the main area work will be:

  * Work on the French Digital Bill that will be discussed early 2016
  * Work on copyright reform at the European level
  * Continue the work on positive proposals
  * Complete the rebuilding of La Quadrature du Net's website to ease its
access
  * Continue the development of volunteer initiatives around La Quadrature
du Net in France
  * Develop or consolidate participation tools (Memopol, PiPhone, etc…)

This clearly does not exclude other campaigns on laws that are not yet
planned.

To secure our projects and campaigns, we urgently need your support! Thanks
in
advance, and rest assured we work for the greater good.

**The Strategic Directions Council and the operational team of La
Quadrature du Net**

Philippe Aigrain, Benjamin Bayart, Laurent Chemla, Lionel Maurel, Yoann
Spicher, Benjamin Sonntag, Félix Tréguer, Laurence Vandewalle, Jérémie
Zimmermann

Adrienne Charmet, Agnès de Cornulier, Christopher Talib, Okhin, Mathieu
Labonde, Baptiste Dagneaux et Lori Roussey.

Support La Quadrature du Net: https://support.laquadrature.net

   [1]: https://www.laquadrature.net/en/surveillance
   [2]: https://www.laquadrature.net/en/Net_neutrality
   [3]: https://www.laquadrature.net/en/privacy-personal-data
   [4]: https://www.laquadrature.net/en/copyright
   [5]: https://www.laquadrature.net/en/proposals
   [6]:
https://www.laquadrature.net/en/thank-you-3141516-times-for-your-support-to-la-quadrature-du-net
   [7]: https://support.laquadrature.net

** About La Quadrature du Net **

La Quadrature du Net is an advocacy group that defends the rights and
freedoms of citizens on the Internet. More specifically, it advocates for
the adaptation of French and European legislations to respect the founding
principles of the Internet, most notably the free circulation of knowledge.

In addition to its advocacy work, the group also aims to foster a better
understanding of legislative processes among citizens. Through specific and
pertinent information and tools, La Quadrature du Net hopes to encourage
citizens' participation in the public debate on rights and freedoms in the
digital age.

La Quadrature du Net is supported by French, European and international
NGOs including the Electronic Frontier Foundation, the Open Society
Institute and Privacy International.

List of supporting organisations:
https://www.laquadrature.net/en/they-support-la-quadrature-du-net

** Press contact and press room **