[P2P-F] Fwd: Nader, Yale, and UW Data Group

Michel Bauwens michel at p2pfoundation.net
Sun May 24 18:10:13 CEST 2015

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Bob Reuschlein <bobreuschlein at gmail.com>
Date: Sun, May 24, 2015 at 9:07 PM
Subject: Nader, Yale, and UW Data Group

Link to send or tweet to others by:

https://bobreuschlein.wordpress.com/2015/05/24/nader-yale-uw-data-group/

*Nader, Yale, and UW Data Group*

By Robert Reuschlein

*Overview*

In the space of one week, traveling to three states, I returned my ranking
on academia.edu to the top 5% in site visits the last thirty days.  I found
a new friend in Ralph Nader, made a big splash at Yale, and withstood peer
review scrutiny in the local University of Wisconsin Madison Data
Discussion Group at the new Discovery Center.

*Ralph Nader in Rowe, Massachusetts*

The event in the Bay State was Ralph’s way of working on the “Citizen
Summons” concept where you build support for an issue one congressperson at
a time, getting a core group of 15 volunteers to bring a group of 300 to
500 people to a meeting with the congressperson about that issue.  This
way, multiplied across the whole US Congress, a group of citizens less than
1% of the population can start a social movement on any issue that has
majority support in the opinion polls.

I used the law of return to my advantage, that is, as you give so shall you
receive in return.  I shipped a case of 100 of my videos on Peace Economics
to the conference, so that everyone who came got a free video.  Ralph
talked to me privately at the first dinner before the first session as I
sat down next to him when I had the fortunate opportunity.  I didn’t know
if he would stay the whole conference or turn proceedings over to a
confederate after a while.  Fortunately, he stayed the whole conference,
with his sister as his confederate intently listening the whole time and
often participating.  I later found out that the first conference he held
at the same site a half year earlier was much more participatory, but
feedback from that event encouraged him to play a much stronger lecture
role in the three day conference.

Ralph generously announced my gift of a documentary on the military economy
in the first of four sessions.  He acknowledged my research efforts at all
the sessions.  In the third session he opened the floor for five minute
speeches from the audience as I led off followed by another Wisconsin
colleague.  Then I passed a flyer around with the 10 domestic effects of
military (empire) spending.  In the final session Ralph talked about how
empires decay and are brought down by internal forces rather than external
forces, reinforcing the empire concept my video leads logically into.
During the conference a half dozen or so people of the fifty two in
attendance personally thanked me for the video, and at the end I passed out
more videos requesting that they donate those videos to their local
library, for a total of 71 videos distributed.  One person actually viewed
the DVD during the conference and gave positive feedback.  After the
conference there were significant activity increases on my two or three
main websites.

*Yale Legal Fiction Conference, New Haven, Connecticut*

The “legal fiction” conference in Yale the two days before returning home
May 20th, also went very well.  I met the first speaker, a professor from
Germany, one hour before the conference was to start.  She took my card as
I said I had invented new better macroeconomic and global warming theories,
and later on in the conference called on me by name.  The two of us from
Wisconsin left a big impression asking questions during the conference, and
heads turned to look at me in the last role when I clearly laid out the
biased situation in the Ferguson Missouri grand jury case in the shooting
death of Michael Brown by policeman Darren Wilson.  The key facts were that
the policeman testified first, as if Michael Brown was being investigated
and the policeman was testifying against him.  This set up the policeman’s
fiction as authentic and was supported by testimony of a white woman.  This
white woman was never at the scene the prosecutor admitted, one month after
the decision not to charge the officer, when the prosecutor was interviewed
on a local radio station.

Later I went to the Yale Law School in search of the Reuschlein Room
mentioned in an internet listing of a distant relation, Harold Reuschlein,
who graduated from Yale Law School in the forties and helped to found
Villanova Law School in the fifties as well as writing a famous law text
book.  The gatekeeper at the door lead me to someone else in groundskeeping
who might know of this Room, who led me to another person, who led me to
another person in the library in the top three floors of the building.
Together we discovered that Harold had come from Burlington, Wisconsin, a
small town in Southern Wisconsin not unlike my great great grandfather’s
home town of Plain, Wisconsin.  In fact, Burlington had the church that
notable Madison journalist John Nichols attended as a child.  John Nichols
now frequents the book store of Spring Green, Wisconsin, the next town over
from Plain, Wisconsin, and he also knows of the Reuschlein clan.  Most
Reuschleins, a rare name in the Munich phone book, either live in Wisconsin
or Kulmbach, Bavaria, Germany according to the world book of Reuschleins
with about 100 listings in the whole world.  So when 52 year old Heinrich
Reuschlein moved from Tauberbischoffsheim, Baden, Germany, to Plain,
Wisconsin in 1854 with my then 16 year old great grandfather Sebastion, he
started an explosion of Reuschleins from Wisconsin.  Small world.

*Data Discussion Group in Wisconsin*

The next day, May 21st, I gave a presentation on how to construct a model
in 28 steps to a Data Discussion Group at UW-Madison’s Discovery Center
that had started February 5th.  My article consisted of 17 pages of my
collected works from my first book in 1986, two papers in 2014 and one in
2015.  I had impressed the group with insightful observations and questions
for months now, and my suggested topic was finally taken up.
Unfortunately, attendance was light as the semester had just ended with
grades turned in just days before.  But interest was high and one
participant by teleconference from Marshfield viewed two of my papers
online afterwards, as did a few from Madison before and after.  So peer
review of my work by this group went well.  I am looking forward to
presenting a hundred year history of the US military budget, deficit, and
economic growth in La Crosse Wisconsin at the Economic and Business History
Society next Friday, May 29th, 2015.  I also will participate in the
University of Toledo Peace Education symposium July 26 to August 2nd later
this summer.

Current version of the class I have created to teach this ground breaking
material:

Cover Letter, Proof of Concept, Nine Areas of Mastery, Creating Model, 31
Class Sessions:

https://www.academia.edu/11786950/FRAMEWORK_For_Academic_Class_six_pages_2015

Dr. Peace, Dr. Robert Reuschlein

Real Economy Institute

Madison, Wisconsin
best contact to ask Bob to speak to your group: bobreuschlein at gmail.com
to leave message: 608-230-6640
for more info: www.realeconomy.com
(*Real Economy* and/or *Peace Economics* free pdf on request by members of
the press)
An archive of this yearlong press release campaign can be found at:
http://bobreuschlein.wordpress.com/

#82 on the (En)Rich list: http://enrichlist.org/the-complete-list/