[P2P-F] Fwd: Deep Connection

Michel Bauwens michel at p2pfoundation.net
Tue May 19 14:10:32 CEST 2015

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Kosmos Journal <info at kosmosjournal.org>
Date: Tue, May 19, 2015 at 7:04 PM
Subject: Deep Connection
To: michel <michel at p2pfoundation.net>

    Click here
<http://kosmosjournal.us3.list-manage.com/track/click?u=a2e6f01f29f00e615c1467a04&id=0a05514b10&e=1714399d97>
to read this newsletter on our website.         [image: Kosmos Journal
Newsletter]
<http://kosmosjournal.us3.list-manage.com/track/click?u=a2e6f01f29f00e615c1467a04&id=40096448dd&e=1714399d97>
    MAY
19TH, 2015
Deep Connection

Dear Reader,

Where are you most deeply connected – to your child, a lover, to nature,
your faith? Like a tree that is only as strong as its roots, each of us
relies on deep connection to nourish and make meaning of our lives. This
edition of Kosmos Online explores the sense of connectedness that enlivens
and empowers us. Is it the key to igniting the transformations needed in
these troubling times?

Kosmos Editor, Nancy Roof
<http://kosmosjournal.us3.list-manage1.com/track/click?u=a2e6f01f29f00e615c1467a04&id=a345a34f5c&e=1714399d97>
offers
a moving editorial on the *Gift of Life
<http://kosmosjournal.us3.list-manage1.com/track/click?u=a2e6f01f29f00e615c1467a04&id=b6c923a5f7&e=1714399d97>*
 from the newly-minted 2015 Spring | Summer print edition of Kosmos
Journal, (if you have not become a subscriber, you can do so here
<http://kosmosjournal.us3.list-manage.com/track/click?u=a2e6f01f29f00e615c1467a04&id=635074a3c5&e=1714399d97>).
 She speaks of the power of our connection to the voice within, “That soft,
wise voice, which can be heard only in contemplative stillness, is somehow
aligned with the life force in ineffable and beautiful ways.”

Also from the current Spring | Summer print edition of Kosmos Journal,
David Fideler reflects on our connection to *Nature’s Living Intelligence
<http://kosmosjournal.us3.list-manage1.com/track/click?u=a2e6f01f29f00e615c1467a04&id=b560a350cd&e=1714399d97>.
*We
can collaborate with the genius of nature, he says, so that nature’s
intelligence can be applied to solving human problems. Our own Project
Director, Dot Maver, just attended *Peacebuilding and Democracy in a
Turbulent World.
<http://kosmosjournal.us3.list-manage.com/track/click?u=a2e6f01f29f00e615c1467a04&id=44251d38ec&e=1714399d97>
*If only nature’s intelligence could mitigate conflict!

Transformations in consciousness begin with an individual sense of
spiritual belonging, offers *Unselfish Spirit*
<http://kosmosjournal.us3.list-manage.com/track/click?u=a2e6f01f29f00e615c1467a04&id=3d7cf3c263&e=1714399d97>*
<http://kosmosjournal.us3.list-manage.com/track/click?u=a2e6f01f29f00e615c1467a04&id=76dc214736&e=1714399d97>*author
Mick Collins, yet it is through the power of human connection that we open
up to our true collective potential. Kosmos Reader Will Scott agrees – we
become *Fully Alive through Connection
<http://kosmosjournal.us3.list-manage.com/track/click?u=a2e6f01f29f00e615c1467a04&id=ab0f1ff910&e=1714399d97>*.
“Look over moments where you have felt fully alive and see if they are not
also moments where you have become acutely aware of your connectedness.”

We sometimes fear deep connection, the vulnerability it implies, yet
opening ourselves to others can be the catalyst for a potent alchemy that
helps each partner or team member discover and realize their
full potential. As Vaclav Havel reflects in our concluding poem
<http://kosmosjournal.us3.list-manage.com/track/click?u=a2e6f01f29f00e615c1467a04&id=32d5e16eda&e=1714399d97>
– we often take the first transformative step alone, yet it is always a
step toward connection, toward Life. This echoes perfectly the theme of
our current edition of Kosmos Journal – *Awakening to Life*.
<http://kosmosjournal.us3.list-manage.com/track/click?u=a2e6f01f29f00e615c1467a04&id=d1313af706&e=1714399d97>

Peace to All,

The Kosmos Team

 ------------------------------

<http://kosmosjournal.us3.list-manage1.com/track/click?u=a2e6f01f29f00e615c1467a04&id=2702aaf1d1&e=1714399d97>

Subscribe to Kosmos Journal

Become a subscriber to Kosmos Journal today.

As a subscriber you will have access to the latest issue of Kosmos Journal.

Click here for more information
<http://kosmosjournal.us3.list-manage1.com/track/click?u=a2e6f01f29f00e615c1467a04&id=5dfef52ca1&e=1714399d97>
.

 ------------------------------

<http://kosmosjournal.us3.list-manage1.com/track/click?u=a2e6f01f29f00e615c1467a04&id=4fe98e7b7e&e=1714399d97>

Donate to Kosmos

We depend greatly on the generosity of donations from our readers to
continue publishing this unique and timely Journal, website and bi-weekly
newsletter.

Click here for more information
<http://kosmosjournal.us3.list-manage.com/track/click?u=a2e6f01f29f00e615c1467a04&id=d3b003b765&e=1714399d97>
.

   ------------------------------

<http://kosmosjournal.us3.list-manage2.com/track/click?u=a2e6f01f29f00e615c1467a04&id=daafb23e40&e=1714399d97>
Editorial | The Gift of Life
<http://kosmosjournal.us3.list-manage1.com/track/click?u=a2e6f01f29f00e615c1467a04&id=daf0259862&e=1714399d97>

Kosmos Journal Spring | Summer 2015
By Nancy Roof, with Stephanie Shorter

Life clothes itself in many forms. These many forms of life are gifts, if
we are open to receiving them.

What comes to mind when you hear the phrase ‘Living Earth?’ How do you
personally feel when you observe and honor the aliveness around you? Do you
feel enveloped and enlivened by a nurturing life force that perhaps even
defies words to describe it? How do you cultivate a more vibrant sense of
your own inner aliveness? How is life calling you to evolve and with what
degree of receptivity do you answer that call?

The story arc of Kosmos Journal, for 15 years, has been the ongoing
narrative of life expanding and contracting at the global level. It is the
record of how we are learning to live together as a global family.
 READ MORE →
<http://kosmosjournal.us3.list-manage1.com/track/click?u=a2e6f01f29f00e615c1467a04&id=f0c34d88f2&e=1714399d97>
  ------------------------------

<http://kosmosjournal.us3.list-manage.com/track/click?u=a2e6f01f29f00e615c1467a04&id=c04858b2e2&e=1714399d97>
Nature’s Living Intelligence
<http://kosmosjournal.us3.list-manage.com/track/click?u=a2e6f01f29f00e615c1467a04&id=01635384fa&e=1714399d97>

Kosmos Journal Spring | Summer 2015
By David Fideler

In our consumer society, we are taught to see the world as a collection of
objects to be transformed, sold, used, and, ultimately, to be thrown away.
Perhaps that is one reason the enduring vision of the ancient Greeks still
speaks to us today, because it was based on a deeper vision of nature in
which the world itself was not a collection of objects but a living
expression of life, beauty, and harmony. We can see this beauty, vitality,
and harmony reflected in Greek works of art, sculpture, and architecture,
and also in the work of the greatest philosophers.

The earliest Greek philosophers, the Presocratics, saw the world as alive
and ensouled. The world and the heavens were seen as a living activity
because they are in constant motion. All throughout nature we perceive the
deployment of order and form in living structures, and those structures
reflect strategies for problem solving. Anything that has a strategy also
possesses a kind of intelligence.
 READ MORE →
<http://kosmosjournal.us3.list-manage1.com/track/click?u=a2e6f01f29f00e615c1467a04&id=f6deaf6ba0&e=1714399d97>
  ------------------------------

<http://kosmosjournal.us3.list-manage.com/track/click?u=a2e6f01f29f00e615c1467a04&id=313641ffbd&e=1714399d97>
Peacebuilding and Democracy in a Turbulent World
<http://kosmosjournal.us3.list-manage.com/track/click?u=a2e6f01f29f00e615c1467a04&id=6043d80c7d&e=1714399d97>

Kosmos Project Director, Dot Maver participated in the Alliance for
Peacebuilding Conference:

‘Around the globe, the struggle between civil society voices and government
repression is giving rise to violence, extremism, and toxic politics. The
peacebuilding and governance/democracy communities recognize the need to
work together in order to address the issues of governance, legitimacy,
fragility, and disenfranchisement that underlie many violent conflicts
today. The Alliance for Peacebuilding conference brings together members of
the peacebuilding community with leading policymakers, members of the
military, private sector professionals, and civil society representatives
to build bridges in both theory and practice between these fields. From
repression of civil society in Russia, to the protests over Ferguson here
at home, the conference will highlight the impact of social movements on
peace and democracy.’
 READ MORE →
<http://kosmosjournal.us3.list-manage.com/track/click?u=a2e6f01f29f00e615c1467a04&id=11ee2f549d&e=1714399d97>
  ------------------------------

<http://kosmosjournal.us3.list-manage2.com/track/click?u=a2e6f01f29f00e615c1467a04&id=dcd50b8534&e=1714399d97>
Reader’s Essay | Fully Alive through Connection
<http://kosmosjournal.us3.list-manage1.com/track/click?u=a2e6f01f29f00e615c1467a04&id=b1c5d70836&e=1714399d97>

By Will Scott

I used to think the feeling of being fully alive only came in exceptional
moments: A near-death experience, a triumphant achievement, an orgasm, a
time of great loss, an instance of inexplicable synchronicity, a moment in
love, being in the ‘zone’ or on the edge of some great something towards
which you know you must move… Or that one time, when the thunderstorm and
the sunset intermingled in the high desert air and all things became
electric and inspirited and the purple-gold light seemed to emanate from
within things rather than resting upon them.

I chased those sorts of moments. I courted them. I even tried to corner
them—navigating my life into places where I was most likely to be zapped by
something that lifted me beyond the monotony of me.
 READ MORE →
<http://kosmosjournal.us3.list-manage.com/track/click?u=a2e6f01f29f00e615c1467a04&id=e98a019d0f&e=1714399d97>
  ------------------------------

<http://kosmosjournal.us3.list-manage.com/track/click?u=a2e6f01f29f00e615c1467a04&id=c171b64f9c&e=1714399d97>
Excerpt | The Unselfish Spirit
<http://kosmosjournal.us3.list-manage.com/track/click?u=a2e6f01f29f00e615c1467a04&id=a14f60d95f&e=1714399d97>

by Mick Collins

Our actions in the world at this time of great transformation mean that
processes of co-creation are not only about what each of us does to make a
difference in our own lives, but also take into account what we do together
– with others – to live with a new understanding of responsibility. The
idea of co-creating an improved future will require a new mind-set, where
we work deeply on ourselves and also work productively together to bring
about transformation.
 READ MORE →
<http://kosmosjournal.us3.list-manage.com/track/click?u=a2e6f01f29f00e615c1467a04&id=4288b7c80a&e=1714399d97>
  ------------------------------

<http://kosmosjournal.us3.list-manage.com/track/click?u=a2e6f01f29f00e615c1467a04&id=211544efbe&e=1714399d97>
Poem | It Is I Who Must Begin, by Václav Havel
<http://kosmosjournal.us3.list-manage.com/track/click?u=a2e6f01f29f00e615c1467a04&id=40ae2e0402&e=1714399d97>

The poem, It Is I Who Must Begin, by Václav Havel is included in the
collection, Teaching with Fire: Poetry That Sustains the Courage to Teach,
edited by Sam M. Intrator and Megan Scribner. It is a wonderful anthology
of eighty-eight poems by well-loved poets and brief essays by teachers.

Teaching With Fire was written in partnership with the Center for Teacher
Formation and the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation. Royalties from this book
will be used to fund scholarship opportunities for teachers to grow and
learn.
 READ MORE →
<http://kosmosjournal.us3.list-manage1.com/track/click?u=a2e6f01f29f00e615c1467a04&id=22ce1a2c3c&e=1714399d97>
  ------------------------------
       Kosmos Associates Inc. | 413-637-0077 | info at kosmosjournal.org |
http://www.kosmosjournal.org
<http://kosmosjournal.us3.list-manage.com/track/click?u=a2e6f01f29f00e615c1467a04&id=c54204d2fd&e=1714399d97>
PO Box 2102
Lenox, MA 01240

Copyright © 2015 Kosmos Associates Inc. All Rights Reserved.

   This email was sent to michel at p2pfoundation.net
*why did I get this?*
<http://kosmosjournal.us3.list-manage2.com/about?u=a2e6f01f29f00e615c1467a04&id=ae1ddf5599&e=1714399d97&c=c8e24645b6>
    unsubscribe from this list
<http://kosmosjournal.us3.list-manage.com/unsubscribe?u=a2e6f01f29f00e615c1467a04&id=ae1ddf5599&e=1714399d97&c=c8e24645b6>
    update subscription preferences
<http://kosmosjournal.us3.list-manage.com/profile?u=a2e6f01f29f00e615c1467a04&id=ae1ddf5599&e=1714399d97>
Kosmos Associates · PO Box 2102 · Lenox, MA 01240 · USA

#82 on the (En)Rich list: http://enrichlist.org/the-complete-list/