[P2P-F] Fwd: Support our Cargobike & local food distribution hub in Budapest

Michel Bauwens michel at p2pfoundation.net
Fri May 8 10:44:33 CEST 2015

hi kevin,

thanks for publishing their appeal on our blog,

From: Vincent Liegey <vliegey at gmail.com>
Date: Thu, May 7, 2015 at 12:40 AM
Subject: Support our Cargobike & local food distribution hub in Budapest

*Dear All,*

*Please help us to share and support our **crowdfunding campaign*
<https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/cargobike-local-food-distribution-hub-budapest>
*:*
Video: Cargobike & local food distribution hub - Budapest
<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2kZPJ9lB7dA>

*Thanks,*

*Cargonomiawww.cargonomia.hu <http://www.cargonomia.hu>*

*Center for sustainable urban logistical solutions and local food
distribution by cargobike*

<http://cargonomia.hu/who-we-are/?lang=en>Cargonomia
<http://cargonomia.hu/?lang=en> is the formalisation of a pre-existing
cooperation between three socially and environmentally conscious small
enterprises operating in or near Budapest. Partners within the project
include Cyclonomia <http://cyclonomia.org/> Do it Yourself Bicycle Social
Cooperative, Zsamboki Biokert <http://www.zsambokibiokert.hu/#!home/coqo>,
an organic vegetable farm and sustainable agriculture community education
center which distributes weekly vegetable boxes to food communities in
Budapest, and Kantaa <http://www.kantaa.hu/>, a self organized bike
messenger and delivery company.

Cargonomia <http://cargonomia.hu/who-we-are/?lang=en>is the crossover point
between the activities of the partners involved in the project (sustainable
food production, promotion of low carbon transport solutions, bicycle
competency advocacy) and aims to serve as a hub in the city center which
can combine the complementary skills of each partner and their existing
networks to have greater benefit within the community. Based on the
principles of sustainability and fair trade, a primary goal is to increase
access to locally produced products by promoting direct trade from local
producers to consumer communities who are seeking healthy and
environmentally conscious food options. Through the cooperation food
products will be distributed to customer-partners throughout the city using
locally manufactured cargo bikes.

In addition to the direct marketing of local food products, Cargonomia
<http://cargonomia.hu/?lang=en>is also a logistics center for sustainable
urban transport solutions where community members can borrow, rent and buy
our locally manufactured cargobikes. We are also an open space for
community activities which focus on sustainable transitions, conviviality
and Degrowth <http://www.projet-decroissance.net/?cat=35>. We host DiY and
self-sufficiency building workshops, discussions and also cultural events
which seek to implement synergies between new and existing social and
environmental outreach projects.

Cargonomia and its partner’s activities aim to display how environmentally
friendly and equity based partnerships can create sustainable and
meaningful community empowerment opportunities which offer concrete
alternatives to standard profit-driven social and economic systems.

*We are requesting your support for:*

   - Four new long john cargobikes which will be hand crafted at Cyclonomia
   in Budapest.
   - Two electric engines to assist bike deliveries in hilly areas in the
   city.
   - One prototype hand-made, human powered salad spinner for our partner
   Zsambok's Organic Garden.
   - Additional materials to develop our facilities for transporting and
   storing vegetables and breads.

*In a difficult economic context, Cargonomia and its partner created more
than 20 local and sustainable jobs in Budapest region.Your support would
help us and our partners to serenely keep going.*

*Thanks for sharing and supporting our Budapest Cargobike & local food
distribution hub campaign.*

Find This Campaign On
Facebook <https://www.facebook.com/cargonomia> Twitter
<https://twitter.com/Cargonomia> YouTube