[P2P-F] Fwd: [Commoning] Online courses climate change leadership

Michel Bauwens michel at p2pfoundation.net
Mon Jun 22 11:27:24 CEST 2015

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Sara Ross <sara.nora.ross at gmail.com>
Date: Mon, Jun 22, 2015 at 9:39 AM
Subject: [Commoning] Online courses climate change leadership
To: commoning at lists.wissensallmende.de

Taking Leadership for our Commons – Making Climate Decisions for Rapid
Carbon Reduction

Online courses for the sake of our planetary commons start soon.

"I beseech you... be ashamed to die until you have won some victory for
humanity!" (Horace Mann, 1859, Antioch University's Founding President)

See details at http://www.antiochmidwest.edu/academics/climatechange/

- Focus on systems change for climate change
- Analyze social-political factors that impact climate mitigation efforts
- Collaborate in critical thinking and problem solving for key decision
points
- Apply practical considerations to your particular situations

Offered by Antioch University Midwest, courses are available for either
graduate credit or as professional development

1.  Social-Political Obstacles to Action: Decisions Required for Rapid
Carbon Reduction
Register by July 24. The 6-week course begins August 3.

2.  Beyond “Poker Game” Paralysis: Co-creating ideas for productive climate
negotiations
Register by September 8. The 4-week course begins September 21.
Prerequisite: You must have first completed our course Social-Political
Obstacles to Action: Decisions Required for Rapid Carbon Reduction

3.  Deliberating Options for Carbon Pricing: Analyzing Contexts, Weighing
Implications
Register by October 9. The 7-week course begins October 26.

These courses are designed for:
• Those who set or advocate climate action goals and strategies
• Climate change officers
• Policy analysts
• Public officials and administrators
• Socially responsible business leaders
• Concerned citizens
• NGOs
• Participants of SDSN’s Climate Change Science and Negotiations MOOC

#82 on the (En)Rich list: http://enrichlist.org/the-complete-list/