[P2P-F] Fwd: The Art of Commoning: the P2P Summer School, August 25-27

Kevin Flanagan kev.flanagan at gmail.com
Wed Jun 17 02:20:14 CEST 2015

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Feasta <website at feasta.org>
Date: 16 June 2015 at 23:36
Subject: The Art of Commoning: the P2P Summer School, August 25-27
To: kev.flanagan at gmail.com

         What becomes possible when we harness our collective capacity in
service of the commons? The Peer to Peer Foundation, WeCreate and Cultivate
invite you to join them in shared inquiry for a 3-day gathering, from
August 25-27, in Cloughjordan, Ireland.    View this email in your browser
<http://us8.campaign-archive2.com/?u=162dfddd57f00fa35a0d1fa1c&id=5279fa957c&e=78fbbedcf7>
           [image:
Feasta logo and letterhead]            *Art of Commoning: the P2P Summer
School* August 25th - 27th, 2015
Cloughjordan Ecovillage, Tipperary, Ireland
www.openeverything.ie
<http://feasta.us8.list-manage1.com/track/click?u=162dfddd57f00fa35a0d1fa1c&id=ae84d76762&e=78fbbedcf7>

This event, organised by the Peer to Peer Foundation, WeCreate and
Cultivate, builds on the experience of The Art of Commoning, held in autumn
2014 in Montréal and the Open Everything - Collaborative Economy
Convergence held in Ireland in September 2014.

The Summer School will be grounded in the actual practice of collaboration
and finding synergies. Some theoretical input, both on P2P and Art of
Hosting, will also be offered - mostly in short modules. New developments
in P2P and commoning will be shared by Michel Bauwens, Silke Helfrich and
Kevin Flanagan, Art of Hosting models and practices will be held by Ria
Baeck, Chris Chapman and Davie Philip. The overall aim is to balance and
integrate concrete learning outcomes for all.

*Places are limited and there is an early bird rate for bookings made
before June 30th. *The organisers do need 15 participants to have
registered and paid before this date to make this event work! If you wish
to attend please register right away.

Here's the organisers' description of the event:

----------------------------

Many roads lead to the commons: the collaborative economy, open culture,
community ownership, co-operatives, technology and knowledge sharing,
shared meaning-making, protecting biodiversity, seed saving, our natural
resources, and more.

As “commoners” we practice engaging with others to create impact that lasts
longer and is more sustainable than anything we can accomplish on our own.
Together we maintain and govern the infrastructures that benefit the public
as a whole and beyond.

We invite you to join us in shared inquiry for a 3-day gathering in
beautiful rural Ireland!
The core of our inquiry centres on the following question:

*What becomes possible when we harness our collective capacity in service
of the commons?*

*- How can the commons, peer-to-peer and participatory approaches support
the transition to a more sustainable way of life?     - Can we create
sustainable livelihoods that enrich and sustain the commons?    -  How can
a commons-based collaborative economy strengthen the resilience of our
communities?*

There are only 40 places available for this event and full participation in
the 3 days is required.

*Standard Fee: €380 *   *early bird rate €340
*Low Income Fee: €350*   *early bird rate €310

Full details at www.openeverything.ie
<http://feasta.us8.list-manage.com/track/click?u=162dfddd57f00fa35a0d1fa1c&id=6cbc99d0ee&e=78fbbedcf7>
.

*Booking Summer School:*
To book a place contact Philippa at Cultivate  philippa at cultivate.ie

*For more information: *
Contact Davie Philip davie at cultivate.ie  or Kevin Flanagan
kevin at p2pfoundation.net

                   *Copyright © 2015 Feasta, All rights reserved.*
You subscribed to this email list via the Feasta website.

*Our mailing address is:*
Feasta
1 Ard na gCapaill
Cloughjordan, Co Tipperary
Ireland

Add us to your address book
<http://feasta.us8.list-manage.com/vcard?u=162dfddd57f00fa35a0d1fa1c&id=8388c4d43e>

unsubscribe from this list
<http://feasta.us8.list-manage.com/unsubscribe?u=162dfddd57f00fa35a0d1fa1c&id=8388c4d43e&e=78fbbedcf7&c=5279fa957c>
update subscription preferences
<http://feasta.us8.list-manage.com/profile?u=162dfddd57f00fa35a0d1fa1c&id=8388c4d43e&e=78fbbedcf7>

[image: Email Marketing Powered by MailChimp]
<http://www.mailchimp.com/monkey-rewards/?utm_source=freemium_newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=monkey_rewards&aid=162dfddd57f00fa35a0d1fa1c&afl=1>

--
For P2P Foundation related messages please contact me at
kevin at p2pfoundation.net

http://blog.p2pfoundation.net/
https://twitter.com/flgnk
Skype: kev.flanagan