[P2P-F] Fwd: [commoning] EU Research Project on Digital DIY Commons

Michel Bauwens michel at p2pfoundation.net
Tue Jun 16 12:17:44 CEST 2015

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: M. Fioretti <mfioretti at nexaima.net>
Date: Sat, Jun 13, 2015 at 12:09 AM
Subject: [commoning] EU Research Project on Digital DIY Commons
To: commoning at lists.commons-institut.org

Greetings,

I am a member of an EU H2020 Research Project on "Digital DIY"
(DiDIY, www.didiy.eu). We are studying how this phenomenon (which
heavily relies on collaborative production and maintenance of knowledge,
software and hardware) will impact every area of
society, from work to ethics, resilience, arts and environmental
sustainability. The project outcomes will include guidelines to
support both education and policy making on Digital DIY.

We think that sharing mindsets and activities, as well as the
creation of Commons of designs, documentation and design
practices, are an important component of DIY. For the same
reason, we also assume, and want to study thoroughly, if
and how (digital) DIY is relevant for all communities
interested in sharing of all sorts, from collaborative writing
to distributed manufacturing, sustainable urban development
and social organization: the DiDIY project can help to spread
awareness and support for these practices, from all levels of society.

To know more, you may read our "About" [1] and "Objectives"
pages [3], or our Project blog [2].

I am writing because, among other things, we are very interested
in knowing what all supporters of the Commons, in Europe and elsewhere, are
already doing, in their LOCAL communities, thanks to
Digital DIY of any kind, or to teach and promote it. The primary
way to let us know is by entering such activities in our "Didiy Resources
form" [4], but of course we also welcome direct contact at didiy at didiy.eu,
and are at your disposal for any question about the Project.

Thank you in advance for your time, and for passing around this
invitation as much as you see fit!

Best Regards,
                            Marco Fioretti

[1] http://www.didiy.eu/project/about-digital-diy