[P2P-F] Fwd: Global call for sharing update - January 2015

Mon Jan 26 08:42:34 CET 2015

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Share The World's Resources <info at news-stwr.org>
Date: Tue, Jan 13, 2015 at 11:56 PM
Subject: Global call for sharing update - January 2015
To: "michel at p2pfoundation.net" <michel at p2pfoundation.net>

   Dear Michel Bauwens,

In little over a month since its official launch, 535 people and 24
organisations from 45 countries have signed in support of STWR’s ‘global
call for sharing’ campaign. As we begin 2015, we would like to thank all
our signatories—in particular the P2P Foundation, Global Social Justice,
Kosmos Journal, the Post Growth Institute, Shareable, Globalisation for the
Common Good, and the People Who Share for their organisational
endorsements. A special thanks also to our volunteers across the world who
have translated the campaign statement into nine additional languages.

As outlined in our strategy document
<http://news-stwr.org/M4P-342R1-GR70YU-1FGGQ9-1/c.aspx>, the overall
objective of the campaign is to promote the role that a call for sharing
can play in uniting citizens and progressive organisations in a common
cause. In the period ahead, we will therefore be working towards
galvanising a broader public debate on the need for wealth, power and
resources to be shared more equitably—on a global as well as a national
basis. If you have not done so already, you can support this
initiative by adding
your name to the campaign statement
<http://news-stwr.org/M4P-342R1-GR70YU-1FGGQ5-1/c.aspx> and encouraging
other individuals and organisations to sign up.

Our research and advocacy work would not be possible without your ongoing
support. STWR is funded entirely through private donations from
individuals, and we do not receive any funding from governments or other
institutions. Nor are we affiliated with any political party or corporate
enterprise. Please consider making a donation to support our work by
following this link <http://news-stwr.org/M4P-342R1-GR70YU-1FGGQ4-1/c.aspx>
.

*Recent content on sharing.org <http://sharing.org> *

*STWR’s annual review of 2014*
<http://news-stwr.org/M4P-342R1-GR70YU-1FGGQ6-1/c.aspx>
Our latest annual review provides an overview of STWR’s activities over the
course of 2014 as well as our key areas of focus for 2015, which includes
ongoing research and writing projects alongside the promotion of STWR’s
‘global call for sharing’ campaign.

*Heeding Christ’s teaching to share in the 21st century*
<http://news-stwr.org/M4P-342R1-GR70YU-1FGGQA-1/c.aspx>
To address the epochal challenges of the twenty-first century, we will have
to heed Christ’s simple message like never before—and finally share the
world’s wealth and resources more equitably among us all.

*Japanese translations of studies on the principle of sharing*
<http://news-stwr.org/M4P-342R1-GR70YU-1FGGQ7-1/c.aspx>
Six new Japanese translations of Mohammed Mesbahi’s ongoing series of
essays have now been published, totalling 16 translations in different
languages to date. Mesbahi is currently working on an in-depth series of
further studies on the principle of sharing that will be published on
STWR’s website throughout 2015 and eventually culminate in a book.

*Report: Sharing as our common cause*
<http://news-stwr.org/M4P-342R1-GR70YU-1FGGQ8-1/c.aspx>
This report demonstrates how a call for sharing underpins many existing
initiatives for social justice, environmental stewardship, true democracy
and global peace. On this basis, STWR argues that sharing should be more
widely promoted as a common cause that can help connect civil society
organisations and social movements under a united call for change.
With best wishes for 2015,

STWR

www.sharing.org

------------------------------
  [image: STWR]

Share The World's Resources
PO Box  52662, London
N7 8UX, United Kingdom
+44 (0) 20 7609 3034
Email: info [at] sharing.org

A not-for-profit civil society organisation with Consultative Status at
ECOSOC. Registered in the UK no. 4854864

--
Check out the Commons Transition Plan here at:
http://en.wiki.floksociety.org/w/Research_Plan

#82 on the (En)Rich list: http://enrichlist.org/the-complete-list/