[P2P-F] 'Only one week left to contribute - Open the Omni Commons!'?

Thu Jan 22 09:12:16 CET 2015

done Jenny,

thanks to everyone to spread this appeal and to contribute if you can,

Michel

On Thu, Jan 22, 2015 at 5:11 AM, Jenny Ryan <tunabananas at gmail.com> wrote:

> 'Only one week left to contribute - Open the Omni Commons!'?

via
Jenny Ryan <tunabananas at gmail.com>
[image: Attachments]5:11 AM (9 hours ago)
to michel
Hey Michel! Thanks for your support of Omni Commons' crowdfunding
campaign. We're in the midst of our last week and blasting the below
message to as many people as possible. If you think it's a good fit,
could you forward along to the p2p foundation list, with the amended
subject line, 'Only one week left to contribute - Open the Omni Commons!'?

Many thanks <3

------
Howdy,

There’s only one week left to contribute to our crowdfunding campaign,
and we’re really close to reaching our goal. Please donate now, and
share this message as far as you possibly can!

https://omnicommons.org/donate

We only need another $12,225! Thanks to the generosity of our community,
we’ve received $40,000 in major donations plus $27,775 in grassroots
funding through our crowdfunding campaign page. That means, together,
we’ve raised $67,775--approaching our overall goal of $80,000.

What does it mean to forge a commons?

Everywhere on the planet, those spaces, places, and resources that we
share and hold in common are being targeted and exploited for personal
gain and corporate profit. It is up to all of us to preserve whatever
commons we still have, and to forge new ones whenever possible.

The Omni Commons has tremendous potential to become a critical community
space.  In order to ensure our doors can open, and remain open, we need
your help today.

https://omnicommons.org/donate

Although it is an important one, fundraising isn’t our only goal. Our
collective of collectives includes many veterans of the Occupy movement
who have developed effective community building and organizing
strategies based on shared values: the commoning of space and resources,
liberation of knowledge, transformative justice, and solidarity with
struggles against capitalism, racism, misogyny, and other forms of
violence. To spread awareness of the potential for decentralized,
people-powered community spaces like this to run autonomously, not only
in the East Bay, but all around the world, is part of our long-term
mission. As for Oakland specifically, where economic disparity and
displacement have pushed long-time residents out of the area, we see a
real need for projects that provide space and resources in a manner more
befitting of the city’s radical history of creativity, cooperation and
social justice organizing.

Love and Solidarity,
The Omni Commons Fundraising Working Group--

-----
Jenny
http://jennyryan.net
http://sudomesh.org
http://thevirtualcampfire.org
http://technomadic.tumblr.com

-Laurie Anderson

--
Check out the Commons Transition Plan here at:
http://en.wiki.floksociety.org/w/Research_Plan

#82 on the (En)Rich list: http://enrichlist.org/the-complete-list/