[P2P-F] Fwd: Big scoop - now we need your help!

Michel Bauwens michel at p2pfoundation.net
Fri Feb 27 00:12:39 CET 2015

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Rosemary Bechler <rosemary at rbechler.com>
Date: Fri, Feb 27, 2015 at 5:32 AM
Subject: Big scoop - now we need your help!
To: Rosemary Bechler <rosemary.bechler at opendemocracy.net>

Dear friends,

I'm writing with exciting news about openDemocracy. A few days ago Peter
Oborne, chief political commentator at Britain's Daily Telegraph, published
an explosive resignation letter on oD
<https://www.opendemocracy.net/ourkingdom/peter-oborne/why-i-have-resigned-from-telegraph>,
alleging the paper had suppressed negative stories about major advertisers
like HSBC. The story has brought more readers to our site than ever before,
and is continuing to reverberate across the world, with fresh allegations
surfacing every day - raising questions that go right to the heart of
democracy.

I'm writing to you because over the years you've been kind enough to give
openDemocracy something we value greatly: your writing, your ideas. We are
incredibly grateful for this. I'm now asking you for your help - at this
galvanising moment - to help us keep publishing stories that others won't.

We've launched this fundraiser off the back of the Oborne/HSBC story:
https://www.justgiving.com/keep-journalism-free -  and we’d be so grateful
for whatever help you can give in supporting it and spreading the word via
email and social media. (And apologies for bothering you again if you
already have!)

Every person who donates or simply shares the link with others really does
make a difference, and we’re hugely thankful to the many of you who have
already done this. We simply wouldn’t be here without you.

With thanks in advance and best wishes,

Rosemary

Ps. Here’s the email we’ve sent out to contributors, supporters and friends
of oD, please feel free to forward to anyone who might be interested.
Thanks again: