[P2P-F] [Networkedlabour] Another Politics - After Syriza

Mon Feb 2 19:58:32 CET 2015

Hi Anna -

I know that it looks that way, the abstract then "bio" coming first but that's the way they asked me to format it for the journal submission.  The rest of the paper, some 10-12 pages of it are there at least in the pdf I just checked that I sent out to all, and it ends with pictures -- yes -- that I'd rather were deleted but also asked for in the submission.  I just attached this longer "padded" pdf, I apologize, but the paper is there after the first page.

Hope that helps.

Michel, it seems to me that your argument, while just so understandable and reasonable on some level, is still the same old "we have to be realistic and patient" about these human systems issues, that those of us who question the deeper systems theory of true change in human systems, are extremely wary of accepting anymore.  Especially since some of us don't actually think we have that kind of time to do incremental, incomplete, partial systems change only, or that it will end up being change that truly transforms or last.

The dramatic and widespread revolution in the more human, emotional, social and deepest level constructs embodied for instance in deeply transformative movements like that of Restorative Justice -- using completely altered constructs of human justice as based in relationships and communications to truly address conflict, crime and corruption at their deepest roots -- is gaining widespread adoption in the most punitive of systems (prisons) and the most stressed and chaotic of places -- such as Sudan.  And now, going into schools -- entrenched and controlled by corporate, political centralized power -- in the UK and some parts of the US.

The surprise of its spread is the ease and enthusiasm with which these entrenched power systems are turned on their head, and actual deepest transformative changes result, despite all the other stresses these systems are under at the same time.

I just honestly think it is the only way it actually can be done -- the positive feedback loop of the more necessary, deeper changes that sustain all the rest?  Otherwise, despite all the good "intentions" you often just end up building the same box with perhaps somewhat changed dimensions but nothing truly new?