[P2P-F] Fwd: Twitter/Details magazine

Michel Bauwens michel at p2pfoundation.net
Wed Dec 30 07:37:56 CET 2015

perhaps next week in forbes ..

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Michel Bauwens <michel at p2pfoundation.net>
Date: Sun, Jun 21, 2015 at 3:54 AM
Subject: Re: Twitter/Details magazine
To: Seth Porges <sethporges at gmail.com>

ok here is quote

"The mutualisation of idle resources is a vital thing to avoid the big
ecological challenges of our time, as is the mutualization of knowledge to
favour human cooperation and more rapid innovation. But the 'how' of doing
it is as important as doing it, and specifically, we need to move from
extractive forms of investment and capture, to generative forms that
co-create common goods with the user communities. This is hardly the case
with the dominant forces in the often mis-named sharing economy, which is
often just about renting and selling. Facebook for example does not share
any of its profits with the user communities that creates its value, the
uber and airbnb's are actively undermining all social protection and
solidarity mechanisms that took 200 years to build, and much crowdsourcing
is about pitting individual workers against each other, and bringing down
wages and income, rather than stimulating cooperation. So we must more
actively look for authentic sharing practices and co-generative forms of
mutualization, which we can find in sources like Shareable, the Sustainable
Economies Law Center and observatories like the P2P Foundation."

#82 on the (En)Rich list: http://enrichlist.org/the-complete-list/

#82 on the (En)Rich list: http://enrichlist.org/the-complete-list/