[P2P-F] [global social commons discussion] NEW e-BOOK: From Social Protection to Social Commons - www.socialcommons.eu - Eng-Fr-Dutch-Esp

Orsan orsan1234 at gmail.com
Fri Dec 25 11:08:53 CET 2015

>> On Thu, Dec 24, 2015 at 4:42 PM, Pat Conaty <pat.commonfutures at phonecoop.coop> wrote:
>> 2016. Orsan at Networked Labour has been very helpful and encouraging.

I think Pat is being kind, I didn't do anything else then providing some web links to English sites of the Dutch self-employed union and some contact names.

Next to that, I did share my personal experience where it did not-work; since my union as mainstream unions in general around here, has been operating as a mix of interest group and business enterprise -sharing the norm of competitiveness as culture, providing advice as main 'product' (next to the discounted services and products from other companies), running on membership fees and subsidy received from the state; hence hiring marketing firm as the tool to organize membership base. I am not sure though this part was so useful and encouraging.

Best, Orsan