[P2P-F] Fwd: 'Give Tanks' solar hot water solidarity for those who need it most

Michel Bauwens michel at p2pfoundation.net
Sun Dec 20 12:55:41 CET 2015

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Dan - Earthworker Cooperative <dmusil at earthworkercooperative.com.au>
Date: Sun, Dec 20, 2015 at 10:21 AM
Subject: 'Give Tanks' solar hot water solidarity for those who need it most

Hi 'Commons Transition Coalition' Comrades,

Glad to help get something coalescing with this in the new year!

I also wanted to plug a holiday season solidarity economy project that the
Earthworker project has launched (and which I mentioned Mindful Uprising
event in Melbourne)

*GIVE TANKS*

The Earthworker Cooperative has launched the "Give Tanks" campaign
<https://chuffed.org/project/givetanks>, *a crowdfund to get high-quality
solar hot water systems into low-income housing*. The recently established
Eureka’s Future Workers’ Cooperative, Australia's first worker-owned
manufacturing cooperative, will manufacture the solar hot water tanks that
will go into the low-income houses.

Earthworker has partnered with a number of social housing organisations,
including Aboriginal Housing Victoria and Common Equity Housing NSW, to
install the systems into low-income households. By donating to the
crowdfund *you will help support dignified, green jobs in Australian
manufacturing, reduce bills for low-income earners, and be part of a
collective effort to ensure a safe climate.*

Help ensure that renewable energy technology is accessible to those that
need it most, and build the cooperative economy in the process!

*There's three ways to support this:*

   1. *Visit* the crowdfund page <https://chuffed.org/project/givetanks%20>.
   Take two minutes to consider the campaign.
   2. *Donate!* You can also donate on behalf of a loved one and give them
   a gift card.
   3. *Promote* the campaign to your members/networks/friends/workplace
   etc. You can email them the link to the crowdfund page, invite people to
   the crowdfund page on Facebook
   <https://www.facebook.com/events/970135159719723/> or just talk to
   people about it. Every bit counts.

https://chuffed.org/project/givetanks
https://www.facebook.com/Earthworkercoop/
https://twitter.com/Earthworkercoop

-------------------------

*Any help you can provide in sharing this campaign amongst your networks
would be HUGELY appreciated*. Please feel free to copy and paste the info
above to distribute, share our posts on social media, or please request any
info or put people in touch with me.
Thanks all.

Looking forward to cooperating with you in the new year!

Have a great holiday season,

In solidarity,

Dan

*Dan Musil*
Secretary
*Earthworker Cooperative*
<http://earthworkercooperative.com.au/>
Mobile:  0432 485 869
Email:  dmusil at earthworkercooperative.com.au
Web: earthworkercooperative.com.au
Free Tel.: 1300 GO EARTH (1300 46 32784)
Get in touch! <https://www.facebook.com/Earthworkercoop>
<https://www.facebook.com/Earthworkercoop>
<https://twitter.com/Earthworkercoop>
<https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCtl47MfY9jhtmahIRlH2Ajg>

---- On Wed, 09 Dec 2015 17:51:34 +1100 *Darren Sharp <dasharp at gmail.com
<dasharp at gmail.com>>*wrote ----

Dear friends,

Just a quick update following on​ from the great weekend with Michel
Bauwens and most of you.​ Thanks again to Richard, Laurent and Daryl for
all your hard work​ on the Mindful Uprising People's Summit on Sunday in
Melbourne.​ ​Thanks again of course to Michel! The whole weekend was
inspiring and after many conversations with Michel and everyone in the
community over three days (and for those that weren't there in person
​Sunday ​afternoon (Sam and others) we announced the formation of the
Commons Transition Coalition to create a vehicle for aligned leadership and
action for p2p, sharing/solidarity economy and commons-based groups in
Australia and NZ (possibly beyond). Jose has agreed to provide a space for
us to plan at Footscray Maker Lab in the new year (probably February) but
in the mean time I am keen to create a url - what do people think of
commonscoalition.org?

It's very early days but the idea might be for chapters in Melbourne (Jose,
Darren, Kirsten & Serenity + others), Adelaide (Sharon Ede), Sydney (Declan
& Bronwen), Canberra (David Pecotic), Brisbane (Michelle Maloney) and NZ
through the Enspiral crew (Sam Rye) and others. I am keen to hear your
thoughts and appetite for creating a charter together over the Summer.
Sharon would be great if you could share your experience in developing this
with ​the ​Post Growth Institute.

​It would be good to field ideas for jumping straight into some of the core
strategic functions that could be created - e.g. what systems could we
leverage to support the circulation of our time, skills and energies? - a
social ecology of the commons / commoners to share and support each other,
mapping the commons, as well as exploring and defining our purpose,
governance and resource needs.    ​

Please add your thoughts to this Google Doc
<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1VA48QO73141wD5lhsnxXWhlN7-y3snsp_pqkzqgklwQ/edit#>
as a starting point and let's schedule a group Skype over the next few
weeks ​(and meal together soon for those in Melbourne!) ​

I have also created a Facebook group
<https://www.facebook.com/groups/1106718069348108/> which we can use for
planning, updates and coordination. Down the track I'd imagine a Loomio
group will also take shape.

I look forward to co-creating the Coalition together with your ongoing
participation and support!

Regards,
Darren

Darren Sharp