[P2P-F] Fwd: My new story on TC: Your Algorithmic Self Meets Super-Intelligent AI

Eric Hunting erichunting at gmail.com
Wed Dec 16 16:50:48 CET 2015

This was a nice article. It's refreshing to see something on this
subject that doesn't wallow in the dystopian and can offer a more
positive outlook.

This notion of an Algorithmic Self relates to what I've come to call
Social-Semantic Networking and the concept of the Digital Tao. What the
author describes as that personal software associated with the
Algorithmic Self I envision as the personal portion of a social
information web as part of a local semantic desktop platform like
Netention. And this serves as front-end interacting with a larger
social-semantic web platform. The basic point of a semantic web is to
automate the associations between information and in a social-semantic
network this is used to auto-associate the cumulative 'stories' of
people's lives and personal information (a personal 'spime', if you
will) in order to seek mutually constructive connections across a
community and within a networked infrastructure without having to
publicly share private information. (because it's making associations
based on metadata rather than direct information which only needs to be
shared within the limited contexts of exchanges) Through analysis of
association within the personal semantic web models of personal need and
intent can be created and related to the intents of others, thus
allowing the larger social semantic web to create a basis of what I call
a cybernetic pronoia conspiracy--the Internet as a silent conspiracy
that's out to help you and everyone else because the network actually
understands you as a person. This also creates the basis of social
capital in the form of reputation and an alignment between the modeled
intent of an individual and the intent of the larger society as a
measure of personal merit. (this being used to mediate the access to
resources above a common baseline--the Integral Basic Income coded into
general production demand priorities) The idea of the Digital Tao is a
notion of total socio-economic automation through the integration of a
social-semantic web with an environmental sensor web, a Smart Habitat
web as part of the infrastructure of the built habitat, and an open
reciprocal production web deriving from the progressive dispersal,
localization, and infrastructure integration of production and
distribution systems. The Digital Tao relates a model of societal intent
and individual social capital to a deep quantitative analysis of supply
and demand so as to use predictive demand projection to drive production
instead of flows of currency. (assuming, of course, we've achieved a
shift in culture wto here we stop needing money to live by virtue of UBI
and stop chasing wealth to buy love or the consumer crap to futilely
substitute for it...) So the 'tao' in this sense is the current of
societal needs and intent reflected in a 'weight' of resource flows and
production priorities coded into the stigmergic organization of the
production web. This determines the baseline for the integral basic
income--the baseline of goods on-demand needed to keep people generally
comfortable--and the less routine flows to meet exceptional personal and
group resource demands (for personal and group projects) based on
individual and pooled social capital. The future production web is like
a colony of ants or termites whose behavior is managed by set of
dynamically weighted priorities determined by the intent modeled in the
social-semantic network and which 'smells' geographical concentrations
or pools of demand and social capital to direct resource flows to meet
that demand.

--
Eric Hunting
erichunting at gmail.com