[P2P-F] Automation Doesn't Just Destroy Jobs--It Destroys Profits, Too

Dante-Gabryell Monson dante.monson at gmail.com
Thu Dec 3 15:47:56 CET 2015

Thanks Eric.

It is also interesting to look at it from the point of perspective of
control, property, of who controls what.

My feeling is that capital, and artificially scarce money as capital, is
only a tool to transfer and concentrate property and control in the hands
of a minority over time.

If , in the logic of concentrated power, humans are not any more needed ,
or only a small percentage of humans are needed to control other humans, or
to maintain the priiledges of certain super wealthy in a competition with
other super wealthy, and if less money is circulating,
it may not necessarily be a big problem for the super wealthy.    The issue
I would speculate, is not if they loose billions or make billions, but
rather how much control the super wealthy have in relation to others.

If a great part of the population ends up without money, the billions they
already have can buy them much more power.

If it leads to a great deal of the population being even more alienated, it
only poses a threat as soon as such populations get organized to generate
alternative "games" of organization, and can disenfranchise themselves,
eventually by using technology, too.       Yet there , once more,
concentration of land, requirements for paying taxes in corporate currency,
and so forth, reduce by so much the opportunities for disenfranchising.

We may indeed, as I noticed some articles speculating, be beyond capitalism
already.