[P2P-F] Fwd: Shareable Monthly Update -- July 2015

Michel Bauwens michel at p2pfoundation.net
Fri Aug 14 09:04:08 CEST 2015

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Neal Gorenflo <neal at shareable.net>
Date: Fri, Aug 14, 2015 at 5:30 AM
Subject: Shareable Monthly Update -- July 2015

Dear Shareable Stakeholders,

I took on a long overdo vacation with family in July.  With a few days of
inbox clearing complete, we are now moving forward with our late
Summer/Fall programmatic work and have resumed our strategic planning
process.

We added to the team with the hire of Ambika Kandasamy to fill our open
Communications Coordinator role.  We found Ambika with the suggestion from
Advisory Board member Michael Stoll (thank you Michael!) who had previously
worked with her at SF Public Press.  In addition to the weekly tasks of the
newsletter, events calendar, social media and outreach, she will be
assisting with the #MapJam, supporting the Sharing Cities Network and
coordinating the production/distribution of a new e-book of our most
popular ‘How To’ guides.

Programmatically, we’re moving forward with our the online magazine,
#MapJam and Sharing Cities Book.

We have begun an assessment of the structure, reach, and editorial voice of
the editorial program and will be convening next month to focus on this a
bit more.

The #MapJam will run during the final two weeks in October for the 3rd year
in a row.  We are currently revising all of our campaign materials with
what we learned from last year’s mappings and we’ll be sending out an
initial “Save the Date” to the Sharing Cities Network and all former
participants next week.

The design process for the Sharing Cities book is continuing to move
forward and we anticipate having some exciting things to share by next
month's update.

And our traffic was respectable in July: 88,728 unique visitors, down 3%
from June.

Are you interested in hearing more about what is to come? Have follow up
questions about our current work or direction? Or have a burning suggestion
or idea that you would like to share with us? Please join us this Wednesday
Aug 19th at 9am PST for a Google Hangout.

Click HERE
<https://plus.google.com/hangouts/_/calendar/bjdqOW1vNTdmYnQzZjQ4dWcwMWFobWw5Y2dAZ3JvdXAuY2FsZW5kYXIuZ29vZ2xlLmNvbQ.su438ra9lo1t059vt644bv85uc?authuser=0>
to join our hangout.  Or let us know if you would like to be called in.

Happy summer, thank you, Neal

--

Neal Gorenflo, co-founder Shareable <http://www.shareable.net/> | @Shareable
<https://twitter.com/@shareable> | 415.867.0429