[P2P-F] [NetworkedLabour] Blockchained labour?

Michel Bauwens michel at p2pfoundation.net
Wed Aug 12 13:49:29 CEST 2015

this looks very interesting:
http://p2pfoundation.net/Decontaminating_the_Economy_Through_a_Monetary_Revolution
(french book only, via http://www.democratieevolutive.fr/index.php/fr/)

I recognize a p2p thinker here, which focuses on civic institutions

this, which I originally thought was a anarcho-capitalist project, is
becoming interesting, see
https://medium.com/@resilience_me/resilience-a-fully-voluntary-wealth-sharing-network-6873c927736a

. ‘Resilience’ is a fully voluntary wealth sharing network. It’s a
continuation of the co-operative model laid down by the Rochdale society
back in 1844 <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rochdale_Principles>. (1) It
allows a network of people to divide resources between one another, through
a trustless algorithm that ensures participation. These resources are
distributed semi-equally, adjusted for degree of participation, and serve
to ensure that all participants receive a basic income that free them of
the limitations imposed by poverty. The Resilience network is a new breed
of co-operative, that brings peer-to-peer communities into the internet age.

To understand Resilience, it’s useful to look at the history of
co-operatives. Co-ops operate within the market system, independently of
the state, as a form of mutual aid, oriented toward service rather than
pecuniary profit. (2) They have always been an alternative to the state,
and might have prospered if not for the self-righteous tyranny of the
state. Even though they’ve been forced to share territory with the violent
and monopolist state, they have been very successful, especially in less
totalitarian states like Sweden, where co-ops made up 25% of the market
back in the 60s. (3)

My system extends the co-operative model with a form of inter-coop
contract. Co-operatives can sign contracts with one another, and team up to
form a kind of web of cooperatives. The idea of multi-coop communities is
not new, it was part of Rochdale’s original manifesto, in which their sixth
principle read
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rochdale_Principles#Cooperation_among_cooperatives>
 *“Co-operatives serve their members most effectively and strengthen the
co-operative movement by working together through local, national, regional
and international structures.”. (4) *The execution that Resilience uses is
on the other hand new, and unprecedented, making use of new book-keeping
technologies in the form of blockchains, and using smart-contracts to
manage the organization in a decentralized and autonomous fashion.

Resilience adds yet another component: a distributed welfare system.

#82 on the (En)Rich list: http://enrichlist.org/the-complete-list/