[P2P-F] Fwd: On the Table Discussion: Chamber of the Commons

Michel Bauwens michel at p2pfoundation.net
Mon Apr 20 13:36:29 CEST 2015

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: <terry at newcommunityvision.coop>
Date: Sun, Apr 19, 2015 at 8:50 PM
Subject: On the Table Discussion: Chamber of the Commons
Cc: Sally Duros <sallyduros at gmail.com>

Hello Everyone,

Sally Duros and I are co-hosting an On the Table discussion inspired by Michel
Bauwens <http://p2pfoundation.net/Michel_Bauwens>’ Cooperation 2015
workshop on the peer2peer economy.  Our #OnTheTable Discussion topic
is the *Chamber
of the Commons*.

At this conversation, we’re holding space to explore the creation of a
Chicago Chamber of Commons and other ways to amplify the work of those in
the peer2peer economy
<http://wealthofthecommons.org/essay/peer-peer-economy-and-new-civilization-centered-around-sustenance-commons>
here in Chicago. We hope that you will join us. Using the #OntheTable2015
as a platform to discuss the *Chamber of the Commons* melds the two ideas
that community discussions spawn energy and interesting ideas.

We will submit notes of our discussion to the Chicago Community Trust for
input into their programming for the year, the Chicago Community Trust’s 100
th anniversary! Last year, some hosts were invited to speak at Chicago
Ideas Week. Our goal in making this event part of On the Table is to
heighten visibility AND to put the idea on the table with a general
influential public. Who knows what could happen?

We are sending this invitation separately from CCT’s online interface and
hope that signing up isn’t too complicated. If it seems so, please direct
questions to either Sally (SallyDuros at gmail.com) or Terry (
terry at newcommunityvision.coop).

An easy way to sign up, click as instructed: “We hope you will join us.
Please click here
<https://chicagotrust.eventready.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=reg.page&event_id=2249&regid=0>
to learn more about our event and please RSVP at your earliest
convenience.”

OR

Head on over to Meet Sally Duros
<http://www.onthetable.com/meet-sally-duros/>
http://www.onthetable.com/meet-sally-duros/  Sign Up from the drop down at
the top. It will ask for your name and email address. Look for the event at
the Red Lion Lincoln Square and mark that you will be attending.

CCT’s boilerplate is: *That day and evening, thousands of Chicago-area
residents – from Alsip to Zion – will pull up a chair at gatherings like
ours to discuss the future of our communities while sharing a meal
together. We will be one of thousands of locations across the Chicago
region hosting similar events where community residents from all ages and
backgrounds will come together to put real issues and solutions “on the
table” and share their commitments to helping shape our collective future.*

Date:                                     Tuesday, May 12

Time:                                     6 p.m.

Location:                              Red Lion Lincoln Square, 4749 N
Rockwell, street parking

Location Details:               Free. Food is available for purchase but it
is not required. Please don’t bring in food from the outside however.

Host email:                         SallyDuros at gmail.com or
terry at newcommunityvision.coop

We hope you will join us. Please click here
<https://chicagotrust.eventready.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=reg.page&event_id=2249&regid=0>
to learn more about our event and please RSVP at your earliest convenience.

If you are unable to attend but want to be on the list of people to follow
up with, please click here
<https://chicagotrust.eventready.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=reg.decline&event_id=2249&regid=0>
.

Sincerely,

*Sally Duros,* Independent Journalist & Steward | *Terry Edlin*, Healing
the world, one household at a time

#82 on the (En)Rich list: http://enrichlist.org/the-complete-list/