[P2P-F] Fwd: My article "We Need Algorithmic Angels" on Techcrunch

Michel Bauwens michel at p2pfoundation.net
Mon Apr 20 13:32:18 CEST 2015

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Jarno Mikael Koponen <jarno.koponen at gmail.com>
Date: Sun, Apr 19, 2015 at 11:34 PM
Subject: My article "We Need Algorithmic Angels" on Techcrunch
To: Michel Bauwens <michel at p2pfoundation.net>

My story about the future of algorithms "We Need Algorithmic Angels" just
out on Techcrunch http://techcrunch.com/2015/04/18/we-need-
algorithmic-angels/

"Today our algorithmic selves are beyond our control. Our agency in digital
environments is diminishing. That leaves us very vulnerable. Could this be
changed?"

"Is it really helpful to know exactly how personalization algorithms
work... Maybe it would be more practical to have algorithms that would be
on our side and in our control — personal algorithms, or algorithmic angels
if you will (for a lack of a better word). They’d be a combination of an
aid, guardian and assistant, helping us out in various digital and physical
environments."

All feedback appreciated. Many thanks! -Jarno M.,
https://twitter.com/ilparone

#82 on the (En)Rich list: http://enrichlist.org/the-complete-list/