[P2P-F] Fwd: lotsa new doings at Solidarity Hall

Michel Bauwens michel at p2pfoundation.net
Sun Apr 5 12:16:41 CEST 2015

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Elias Crim, Solidarity Hall <elias.crim at solidarityhall.org>
Date: Sun, Apr 5, 2015 at 11:21 AM
Subject: lotsa new doings at Solidarity Hall
To: Andrew Haines <ahaines at cfmpl.org>, Anthony Annett <
morningsminion at gmail.com>, Arthur Hunt <ahunt at utm.edu>, Audrey Anweiler <
aanwei01 at gmail.com>, Chad Pecknold <PECKNOLD at cua.edu>, Daniel

Dear Friends,

Some updates--cause we have some great new developments and we want you all
to know.

   - *Radically Catholic*: the book is now available on Amazon
   <http://www.amazon.com/Radically-Catholic-Age-Francis-Anthology/dp/0692409777/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1428207433&sr=8-1&keywords=radically+catholic>
   and will shortly be on Kindle. Thus both e-books and print copies will be
   available. The title has a Creative Commons license so we do occasionally
   send out PDF copies at no charge. We don't intend to be too fussy about
   this free vs paid.  The Lord will provide. (Only question is: who will
   provide until the Lord provides. Old Jewish joke, never mind.) So you'll be
   getting a nice shiny new paperback in the mail soon if you will do us ONE
   FAVOR: we need your SNAILMAIL ADDRESS. So please hit Reply here when you're
   done reading and send me your address, hokay?
   - Review copies are going out to a number of pubs--New Republic, First
   Things, the Nation, American Conservative, Road and Track, Parakeet Lovers
   Quarterly (forget those last two), etc.
   - The release of the Radically Catholic anthology is likewise the
   announcement of our foray into publishing with Solidarity Hall Press. (So
   feel free to ponder future publishing projects and then pitch us your
   ideas.)
   - Besides going into publishing, we are taking some steps toward forming
   local civic action groups--called C-Labs--which will extend our lofty
   localist/crunchy con/distributist/new urbanist principles down to ground
   level. Here in what you might called benighted, embattled Indiana, I've
   already had the first couple of meetups of an embryonic C-Lab in a local
   coworking space. More to say about all this soon but just wanted to alert
   you we're moving into community organizing, just so you can shock your
   families.
   - We are also filing for 501c3 non-profit status for Solidarity Hall in
   hopes that a fund-raising campaign will allow us to do lots of interesting
   new things--such as pay people at least something, occasionally.
   - And finally, we are relaunching the website
   <http://www.solidarityhall.org> (check thou it out!) and are hoping to
   restore its traffic via new posts, excerpts from our various new
   publications in the works, etc.

So we're publishing and getting into community renewal--thanks to the
inspiration of all you wonderful folk, many of whom I've not broken bread
with--yet. If we can raise some geetus, we could fund some nice meetups in
posh digs around the country. Here's hoping.

Easter blessings!

Elias
​P.S.

Snail mail addresses, please!

--

*Elias Crim*

*Publisher*

*Solidarity Hall**219.246.9019 <219.246.9019> (c)|312.253.2043
<312.253.2043> (fx)*

*www.solidarityhall.org <http://www.solidarityhall.org>*
*elias.crim at solidarityhall.org <elias.crim at solidarityhall.org>*

#82 on the (En)Rich list: http://enrichlist.org/the-complete-list/