No subject

Tue Sep 2 15:03:27 CEST 2014

values-by-andrius-kulikauskas/2014/09/27

P2P Foundation is a research institute led by Michel Bauwens to document
and promote "peer-to-peer" (P2P) practices.  It fosters awareness of the
nature of our "network society" where each individual can include
themselves in human networks and organize new ones as well.
http://blog.p2pfoundation.net/about

In my guest post, I write about the "deepest values" which I have collected
from some 700 people.  What is your deepest value, which includes all of
your other values?  I organized about 30 online groups at Minciu Sodas,
each of which centered around an independent thinker and their deepest
value.  I list some of them in my post.

Currently, I'm trying to make a map of deepest values which would make
sense of the full variety.  I believe that our individual values are
personal reference points by which we might realize that all of our
circumstances are similar or perhaps identical, in which case we can think
of an absolute truth, at least pragmatically.

Kevin Flanagan of the P2P Foundation alerted me to perennialism:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Perennial_philosophy
This is the idea that each of the world's religious traditions share a
single, universal truth.

I think that there is a single, absolute truth which can make sense of each
of our individual perspectives and how they all fit together.  Our deepest
values are the key to each of us.  I'm realizing now that perhaps each of
them links up our own perspective with a greater perspective.  I think that
each individual definitely has a personal testimony that is real and needs
to be accounted for.  I am interested in how different people say the same
things. Still, people and religions can at times be right or wrong, and for
understandable reasons, when they veer away from their personal testimony.
That is why I think it is important to live one's own worldview
wholeheartedly rather than learn about other worldviews at arm's length.
Truth is a matter of life and not opinion.  I believe that those who live
wholeheartedly will be able to agree fundamentally as to the truth,
regardless of what value they approach the world from and how they express
their worldview.

Please, I ask us to link to my post and, especially, to leave our comments
there!

Thank you! and best wishes from the Lithuanian countryside.

P.S. I've been coaching Pamela McLean of Dadamac http://www.dadamac.net I
look forward to writing about her research into learning from each other
and working together in our peer-to-peer society.

Andrius

Andrius Kulikauskas
ms at ms.lt
+370 607 27 665
http://www.selflearners.net

--
Check out the Commons Transition Plan here at:
http://en.wiki.floksociety.org/w/Research_Plan

#82 on the (En)Rich list: http://enrichlist.org/the-complete-list/

--089e0149338c0022e80504118ed7

br>Date: Sat, Sep 27, 2014 at 11:10 PM<br>Subject: Andrius&#39;s book excer=
 an excerpt from my e-book, &quot;The Truth: From Relative to Absolute&quot=
;:<br>
by-andrius-kulikauskas/2014/09/27" target=3D"_blank">http://blog.p2pfoundat=
P2P Foundation is a research institute led by Michel Bauwens to document an=
d promote &quot;peer-to-peer&quot; (P2P) practices.=C2=A0 It fosters awaren=
ess of the nature of our &quot;network society&quot; where each individual =
can include themselves in human networks and organize new ones as well.<br>
In my guest post, I write about the &quot;deepest values&quot; which I have=
 collected from some 700 people.=C2=A0 What is your deepest value, which in=
cludes all of your other values?=C2=A0 I organized about 30 online groups a=
t Minciu Sodas, each of which centered around an independent thinker and th=
eir deepest value.=C2=A0 I list some of them in my post.<br>
Currently, I&#39;m trying to make a map of deepest values which would make =
sense of the full variety.=C2=A0 I believe that our individual values are p=
ersonal reference points by which we might realize that all of our circumst=
ances are similar or perhaps identical, in which case we can think of an ab=
solute truth, at least pragmatically.<br>
Kevin Flanagan of the P2P Foundation alerted me to perennialism:<br>
This is the idea that each of the world&#39;s religious traditions share a =
single, universal truth.<br>
I think that there is a single, absolute truth which can make sense of each=
 of our individual perspectives and how they all fit together.=C2=A0 Our de=
epest values are the key to each of us.=C2=A0 I&#39;m realizing now that pe=
rhaps each of them links up our own perspective with a greater perspective.=
=C2=A0 I think that each individual definitely has a personal testimony tha=
t is real and needs to be accounted for.=C2=A0 I am interested in how diffe=
rent people say the same things. Still, people and religions can at times b=
e right or wrong, and for understandable reasons, when they veer away from =
their personal testimony.=C2=A0 That is why I think it is important to live=
 one&#39;s own worldview wholeheartedly rather than learn about other world=
views at arm&#39;s length.=C2=A0 Truth is a matter of life and not opinion.=
=C2=A0 I believe that those who live wholeheartedly will be able to agree f=
undamentally as to the truth, regardless of what value they approach the wo=
rld from and how they express their worldview.<br>
Please, I ask us to link to my post and, especially, to leave our comments =
there!<br>
Thank you! and best wishes from the Lithuanian countryside.<br>
P.S. I&#39;ve been coaching Pamela McLean of Dadamac <a href=3D"http://www.=
dadamac.net" target=3D"_blank">http://www.dadamac.net</a> I look forward to=
 writing about her research into learning from each other and working toget=
her in our peer-to-peer society.<br>
Andrius Kulikauskas<br>
lank">+370 607 27 665</a><br>
arners.net</a><br>
"ltr"><div>Check out the Commons Transition Plan here at:=C2=A0<a href=3D"h=
ttp://en.wiki.floksociety.org/w/Research_Plan" target=3D"_blank">http://en.=
dation: <a href=3D"http://p2pfoundation.net" target=3D"_blank">http://p2pfo=
undation.net</a>=C2=A0 - <a href=3D"http://blog.p2pfoundation.net" target=
ts.ourproject.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/p2p-foundation" target=3D"_blank=
"></a>Updates: <a href=3D"http://twitter.com/mbauwens" target=3D"_blank">ht=
tp://twitter.com/mbauwens</a>; <a href=3D"http://www.facebook.com/mbauwens"=
En)Rich list: <a href=3D"http://enrichlist.org/the-complete-list/" target=

--089e0149338c0022e80504118ed7--