[P2P-F] Fwd: [Networkedlabour] Fwd: Join the online revolution!

Michel Bauwens michel at p2pfoundation.net
Sat Sep 13 15:36:25 CEST 2014

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Orsan <orsan1234 at gmail.com>
Date: Sat, Sep 13, 2014 at 6:59 PM
Subject: [Networkedlabour] Fwd: Join the online revolution!
To: "<networkedlabour at lists.contrast.org>" <
networkedlabour at lists.contrast.org>

Begin forwarded message:

*From:* "USi Organising" <organise at usilive.org>
*Date:* 8 september 2014 10:31:13 CEST
*To:* <orsan1234 at gmail.com>
*Subject:* *Join the online revolution!*
*Reply-To:* "USi Organising" <organise at usilive.org>

    Affiliate Now »
<http://usilive.org/wp-content/plugins/civicrm/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=456&qid=192347>
       [image:
Follow on Twitter]  Follow us on Twitter     [image: Friend on Facebook]  Like
us on Facebook
<http://usilive.org/wp-content/plugins/civicrm/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=457&qid=192347>

Union Solidarity International, in an exciting new development for the
global labour movement, is integrating with Trade Union TV (Ireland) and
Union News (UK).

USi will be represented across every social media stream from Weibo to
YouTube to Facebook to Google+ to Twitter - and many more. The focal point
of our multimedia activities will be our website
<http://usilive.org/wp-content/plugins/civicrm/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=458&qid=192347>
which
will deliver news, information and campaigns from a trade union perspective.

Central to our efforts is working with trade unions and aligned
organisations to provide a service that delivers a trade union message and
facilitates the power of social media to augment organising efforts at a
ground level.

USi’s new platform will result in *millions* of people visiting our streams
every year.

USi Ireland is building solidarity by creating a space for workers and
communities to share their issues and dreams while sharing stories of
resistance to neo-liberalism. USi News UK is reporting the news from a
trade union perspective across the UK, and USiLive continues to strengthen
internationalism using the latest technology and social media.

The activities of the project are not restricted to driving change via
online platforms. USi launched the Blood Bricks campaign, working to end
modern day slavery and unionise thousands of workers in the brick kilns of
India. We supported Ruins
<http://usilive.org/wp-content/plugins/civicrm/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=460&qid=192347>,
the
Greek human rights documentary exposing the far rightwing attempts to
demonise the vulnerable and marginalised. It will be a central part of our
work to campaign for trade union and human rights around the world.

USi also provides a number of services to the global trade union community:

   -

   USi delivers an online campaigning & social media course expertise on
   location and virtually.
    -

   Creation of an “Organising Network
   <http://usilive.org/wp-content/plugins/civicrm/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=461&qid=192347>"to
   privately and securely share information, research and campaign documents.
    -

   In-built web conference facility where we assist with the running of
   union events online including live streaming and other technical expertise.
    -

   Recording, editing and publishing of events for circulation to a global
   audience.
    -

   In partnership with global unions we are pioneering audio multi-lingual
   conferencing.

USi is supported by a growing number of trade unions in the UK and Ireland
and around the world including the GMB, General Federation of Trade Unions,
FBU, Mandate, SIPTU, PCS, RMT, TSSA, UCATT, Unison North West and Scotland,
Unite the Union and Thompsons Solicitors.

We are supported by trade unions around the world representing millions of
workers including the Teamsters, Unite HERE, United Electrical, Radio &
Machine Workers of America, UFCW, CNM/CUT (Brazilian Metal Workers)
FISAC/CGIL (Italy), National Union of Workers (Australia), South African
Municipal Workers Union , Athens Labour Centre, OLME (Greek Secondary
School Teachers), ProGe (Austria).

   - For more information on our growing list of supporters please visit:
   http://usilive.org/about/usi-supporters/
   <http://usilive.org/wp-content/plugins/civicrm/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=462&qid=192347>
   - Download out latest affiliation flyer
   <http://usilive.org/wp-content/plugins/civicrm/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=465&qid=192347>,
   or join online
   <http://usilive.org/wp-content/plugins/civicrm/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=456&qid=192347>

You have received this email because you have subscribed to the Union
Solidarity International mailing list, if this is in error please
Unsubscribe.
<http://usilive.org/crm/?page=CiviCRM&q=civicrm/mailing/optout&reset=1&jid=203&qid=192347&h=bc601945917528c9>Otherwise
please share this message with your social networks and follow us through
links below in the banner

145/165 West Regent Street
Glasgow, GLG G2 4RZ
United Kingdom

     [image: Follow on Twitter]  Follow us on Twitter     [image: Friend on
Facebook]  Like us on Facebook
<http://usilive.org/wp-content/plugins/civicrm/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=457&qid=192347>

Check out the Commons Transition Plan here at:
http://en.wiki.floksociety.org/w/Research_Plan

#82 on the (En)Rich list: http://enrichlist.org/the-complete-list/