[P2P-F] Fwd: [Commoning] Fwd: [transcollab] Fwd: [Blockupy International] Brussels meeting Sept. 26th/27th - Reminder with detailed info and proposed agenda

Michel Bauwens michel at p2pfoundation.net
Sun Sep 7 15:59:23 CEST 2014

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Orsan Senalp <orsan1234 at gmail.com>
Date: Sun, Sep 7, 2014 at 8:51 PM
Subject: [Commoning] Fwd: [transcollab] Fwd: [Blockupy International]
Brussels meeting Sept. 26th/27th - Reminder with detailed info and proposed
agenda
To: commoning <commoning at lists.wissensallmende.de>

Begin forwarded message:

*From:* Anton Haffner <anton.haffner at googlemail.com>
*Date:* 7 Sep 2014 15:27:28 GMT+2
*To:* transcollab at lists.so36.net
*Subject:* *[transcollab] Fwd: [Blockupy International] Brussels meeting
Sept. 26th/27th - Reminder with detailed info and proposed agenda*
*Reply-To:* transcollab at lists.so36.net

In addition to the call and general invitation for a Blockupy&Beyond
meeting in Brussels that Orsan has forwarded over this list already, there
is now more precise information on accomodation, travel reimbursements etc
available.
It would be great to see some of you there. I think the discussions there
might also help to find a better understanding of where the Agora process
might be headed.
See for yourself and feel free to spread the call!
Best, Anton

+++ please spread the word to your networks, contacts, comrades +++

*Updated information for the open assembly in Brussels on Sept.
26th/27th **(for
info see also pdf file)*

*For building together a transnational space of initiative for a Europe
from below - through, against and beyond current Europe*

*Invitation from Blockupy International to all movements, networks and
organizations*

Dear friends, comrades, activists,

In the summer the Blockupy International coordinating group called for an
open assembly in Brussels on September 26th/27th – a call for building a
transnational space of initiative for a Europe from below.

A space to collectively examine the current phase of economic, political
and social life in times of "post austerity“+ its narrative, on
transnational politics and the possibilities for radical change; a space to
strategically debate our practices and proposals for building common
initiatives, for framing our heterogeneous struggles within and against the
newly consolidated EU crisis regime and the „new exploitation regime“?

We know there are many attempts to link struggles across borders and to
create a transnational resistance. We recognize that different networks
across the European space are facing similar limits and contradictions. We
do think it is time to turn this situation into a political opportunity –
and therefore want to repeat our invitation to all of you to come to
Brussels and join the meeting (for the call see the attachment or go to:
http://blockupy.org/en/3866/blockupy-international-invites-european-movements-networks-organisations-to-an-open-assembly-in-brussels-september-26-27/
.

Many of you already responded to that call – we are happy how many of you
expressed your interest – even if the concrete information at that time was
limited. This is wonderful! With this email we therefore not only want to
repeat out hope that many of you still can join the meeting.

But we are also, eventually, sending the detailed information about the
meeting – the time frame and location, possibilities of accommodation and
reimbursement of travel cost, and the proposal of the agenda (see for that
also the attached pdf file).

Please read the following lines carefully + spread the word within and
beyond your networks. And please confirm your participation – especially if
you need accommodation and/or support for the travel costs – *until
September 15th.*

ð  Please send all emails/confirmations to:
international at blockupy-frankfurt.org

We are very much looking forward to that opportunity to discuss with many
of you all these and other questions, to have a space to get to know each
other better and to develop common strategies.

See you or hear from you soon

Corinna (for the international Blockupy group)

*Updated information for the open assembly in Brussels on Sept.
26th/27th **(see
also as pdf file) *

*For building together a transnational space of initiative for a Europe
from below - through, against and beyond current Europe*

For questions/all confirmations please write to:
international at blockupy-frankfurt.org

*I. General Information: Time frame, Location, Language*

*Time frame*

We will start Friday, September 26th at 6.30 p.m. (until 9 p.m.) and will
continue on

Saturday, the 27th from 9.00 am until 5 p.m.

*Locations different) for Friday and Saturday*

a) The meeting on Friday will take place at the

Maison de la Paix

Rue Van Elewyck 35, 1050 Ixelles/Brussels

Room Rosa Luxembourg

https://maps.google.be/maps/ms?msid=200922095939554547901.0004bad003dd58b74a514&msa=0&ie=UTF8&t=m&source=embed&ll=50.828236,4.369286&spn=0.004303,0.007049&z=17&vpsrc=0&ei=iY4IVJnPBYqW8APf3IHQDA&pw=2

b) The meeting on Saturday will continue at

Bruxelles Laique asbl.

Avenue de Stalingrad 18, 1000 Bruxelles, Belgien

(
https://maps.google.de/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=de&geocode=&q=Avenue+de+Stalingrad+18-20+1000+Br%C3%BCssel,+Belgien&aq=0&oq=Avenue+de+Stalingrad18-20,+1000&sll=52.519564,13.425293&sspn=0.530624,0.902252&vpsrc=6&ie=UTF8&ll=50.841991,4.345222&spn=0.017208,0.028195&t=m&z=15&ei=BD0HVKeHC4GSiAbl7oHoCg&pw=2)

*Language and communication*

Our main language of communication will be English. However, we will
provide simple technical equipment for translation if needed. However, it
needs to be self-organized.

*II. Accommodation*

There is accommodation (for free) for up to 50 people from Friday to
Saturday night (in a hostel in central Brussels).

ð  Those of you who need or want to be accommodated there please let us
know as soon as possible – the latest date to let us know is *September the
15th* so that we have an overview and can make arrangements for sure. When
we know for sure on September 15th whether we need more beds, we will
organize something.

*III. Travel costs – possibilities of reimbursement*

We have (limited) funds for travel reimbursement. With the support of the
following delegations from the *Gue/NGL: DIE LINKE. im EP, Podemos and **’Altra
Europa con Tsipras* we are able *to provide reimbursement for one person
per network/group/organization/region *for sure. Whether there is more for
each group depends on the numbers and travel costs all in all. Therefore it
is crucial to let us know your need of reimbursement not later than
September 15th.

ð  For a fair distribution to all groups *we need you to let us know until
September 15th (the latest) your participation + need of travel
reimbursement* (incl. the price of the ticket). When we have an overview of
all those who need reimbursement, we will know whether there is room for
more tickets than just for one “delegate”.

ð  Please also indicate your network, group, organization, and region. And
do not forget to include your contact details (email/phone number).

ð  However, it is reimbursement of a ticket (flight, bus, train). You have
to buy the ticket yourself and will be reimbursed *after* the meeting in
Brussels. You will get the form in Brussels, please keep the original
tickets/boarding passes for reimbursement.

*IV. Agenda of the Brussels Meeting*

*Friday September 26th*

*6:30 pm - Welcome and coming together*

Warm up and self-presentation of the participants: current activities and
future initiatives of  networks, organizations and groups under the context
of consolidation of the EU crisis regime.

Greetings by a member of the GUE/NGL group of the EP.

*(End of the evening approx. 9:00 pm. Afterwards feel free to continue the
meeting in an informal way.)*

*Saturday September 27th*

*9:00 am - Introduction to the discussion*

Introduction to the meeting: the Blockupy process and the meaning of the
open meeting invitation

*9:45 am - Plenary discussion: Crisis regime, „post austerity“ and ways to
radical change*

Discussion on the current phase of economic, political and social life in
times of "post austerity“ narrative, on transnational politics and the
possibilities for radical change: How can we frame our heterogeneous
struggles within and against the newly consolidated EU crisis regime/a „new
exploitation regime“?

*(**Based on the amount of participants, the discussion could be organized
splitting up in smaller groups.**)*

*12:30 pm - Lunch break*

*1:30 pm - Workshop discussion: Common discourses and common actions*

   1. Towards a „road map“ of networks against austerity policies/crisis
   regime/exploitation regime: In which ways we can connect the different
   activities, narratives, practices and meeting points as a common process?
   2. Towards the Blockupy blockade of the ECB: Relevance and coordination
   of disobedient actions against austerity.

*(The first workshop could be split, based on the results of the plenary
discussion.)*

*3:30 pm - Plenary Discussion: Next steps of mobilization*

Discussion of the workshops' results and shared decisions: Which points are
to be continued during the working groups of the Blockupy Festival in
November? Which key practices are to be strengthened after the meeting?

*(End of the meeting 5:00 pm)*

<Call for meeting Blockuyp September eng. doc.pdf>

<20140904_General information on Brussels meeting Sept 2014.pdf>

For additional commands, e-mail: transcollab-help at lists.so36.net

Check out the Commons Transition Plan here at:
http://en.wiki.floksociety.org/w/Research_Plan

#82 on the (En)Rich list: http://enrichlist.org/the-complete-list/