[P2P-F] Fwd: Shareable and Arroyo S.E.C.O. want to turn LA into a sharing mecca!

Michel Bauwens michel at p2pfoundation.net
Wed Sep 3 16:46:03 CEST 2014

dear Kevin, thanks for checking if this is blogworthy,

From: Arroyo Seco <asecolocaleconomy at gmail.com>
Date: Wed, Sep 3, 2014 at 5:44 AM
Subject: Shareable and Arroyo S.E.C.O. want to turn LA into a sharing mecca!
To: Arroyo Seco <asecolocaleconomy at gmail.com>

Dear Friends of Shareable and the Sharing Economy,

As partners in sharing work and community building, and as Los Angeles'
Sharing City Network leader, the Arroyo Sustainable Economies Community
Organization <http://www.arroyo-seco.org> launched the ShareLA campaign
<http://myla2050connect.maker.good.is/projects/ShareLA> to win $100,000
from the Goldhirsh Foundation to advance a radical new vision for Los
Angeles. Our plan is to create an open source blueprint for any community
interested in becoming a sharing community. With strategies that range from
grassroots to high-level civic partnerships, this blueprint seeks to
sometimes quietly and not-so-quietly disrupt the broken systems upon which
we can no longer rely.

Today Shareable published an interview that reveals why we are pursuing
this important and transformative work: "Sharing Activists Reveal Plan to
Turn Los Angeles into Sharing Mecca"
<http://www.shareable.net/blog/sharing-activists-reveal-plan-to-turn-los-angeles-into-sharing-mecca>

As of noon today our campaign is live and open to voting. Online voters
will determine who wins $100,000 in the Connect category to implement a
radical new vision for LA. It doesn't matter who you are or where you live
- *anyone can vote online in this contest*!

*PLEASE visit this link and support our work with your vote by Sept 16th!*
http://myla2050connect.maker.good.is/projects/ShareLA

It only takes a moment to vote and you can easily sign in with Facebook. In
return, you'll know that your 5 minutes translated into community-based
strategies that have the power to bring people together, combat poverty and
isolation, and revitalize neighborhoods simply through the power of sharing
resources, information and time.

Attached is a press release with more information. Please contact me
directly with any questions.

In the spirit of coproduction and a new way forward,
Sarah
--
Sarah McGowan Dear

*Project Developer, Board Member and Sharing EnthusiastArroyo Sustainable
Communities Organization <http://www.arroyo-seco.org/> Arroyo SECO Network
of Time Banks  <http://www.asntb.com/>*
direct 323-336-2860

--
Check out the Commons Transition Plan here at:
http://en.wiki.floksociety.org/w/Research_Plan